Ad Banners? Are you kidding me!

Carrie Tatsu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please tell me who had the terrible idea to add horrible, ugly, intrusive AD BANNERS to the SL website?!  Is LL that in need of funds to look for ad banner payments? It makes the site look cheap, unappealing and ridiculous.  I realize that LL is a business and ultimately needs to meet their bottom line, but seriously, ad banners?  When I saw them I was actually worried that they are succumbing to a last resort of a way to make money.  I am disappointed that their team thinks this is a good idea. 

carrie

Please if anyone reads this and has a voice, state your opinion. Maybe someone will listen. I have been selling virtual merchandise since 2006 and the fact that LL is placing cheap ad banners on their site as a way to make extra cash seriously scared me.  Who could possibly think this was a good idea unless they were in desperate need of cash?

well, its the thrid thread i read about this, but i still dont see any banners on my dashboard... im logged in it all the day long, and i do refresh the page often... And still no banners at all... well, i dont complain hehehehheh

ETA : i do not see them neither on Google Chrome, neither on Firefox . whatever im on my work pc at rl work or on my laptop at home. :smileyhappy:

Sorry Val, :smileywink:, mine looks like this :

Dashboard.jpg

I dont rem having installed any add ons blocking ads, neither on my google chrome, neither on my firefox and this at work and at home... but well maybe i forgot (what would surprise me bec i have a real great memory and if i did, i would have done it 4 times (2 browsers on 2 diff comps) and its weird i could forget this.. or maybe im becoming earlier senile lol )...

on another hand, im likely to settle my browsers to the max of security and they dont save cookies etc... idk why i dont see them.. but really i wont complain at all lol. for one time im lucky, i m glad :smileywink:

ahahhahhaha im never lucky lol... except the time that i had one of my items advertised by mistake in the MP for at least 8 weeks and for what i ve never been charged (since ive never asked it lol) ...

So this is the 2nd im lucky with SL lol... maybe the beguining of a new life as lucky person hehehhehehe, at least in SL

ETA : and ive checked... i dont have any add on about blocking ads 

yes some pp have already noticed this since it started.. it appears, then you refresh the page and they are no more, you refresh again and they are appearing again...This is why at the beguinging some pp have thought that it could be a hacking.. but sounds it s not...

Well, still nothing on my side, but im expecting that one day or other they will appear for me too :smileywink:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Innula, I get this warning message. The "can access to all your data on all websites" sounds scary. Is ABP safe? :smileysurprised:

ABP.jpg

Yes.  That's the sort of warning Google Chrome, for example, gives you about Google's own products when you install them as add-ons.   ABP is a perfectly respectable add-on -- it's available on Firefox's and Google Chrome's own websites, for example.   Their privacy policy is explained here.

I feel perfectly confident recommending it.

AdBlock Plus at least for Firefox and Google Chrome is safe. It has to access the page content because it analyzes it to find ads and blank them out. There's also AdBlock (sans "Plus") which supposedly is also safe.

It also makes the 'net a much more readable place. Just keep in mind that some ad-sponsored free pages need the income.

I'm not getting any ads either, possibly because i'm out of the ads target audience, being in sweden.

There is a gap on top, to make room for the ads though.

Ads in a paid service webpage, after login... unprofessional doesn't even start to cover it.

Usually thats only seen on free forums that can't make ends meet :/

I already pay LL a monthyly and a land fee this ad banner increases your profits in such a miniscule amount but the annoyance factor for me has me thinking maybe I should just take the dive to open sim which would cost you more than those ads would if I stayed with SL for 50 years. Smart move.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.