Banlines

Tweetie Birdbrain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there an altitude limit to banlines?  If there is a limit, I will notify my customers, who buy my hot air balloons, to fly above the limit.  If a hot air balloon touches a banline, it auto deletes, and the occupants of the balloon find themselves at the bottom of the sea or crash. 

To test the banlines, go to my store in Kamba and fly a demo balloon.  There's no shortage of banlines there.

14 answers to this question

This is a complicated topic. Ban lines are limited to a height of 4096 m above the terrain mesh when you're explicitly banned from the land. If the parcel is simply not pubic access or restricted to certain Residents/groups, then the lines go up to 50 m above the terrain mesh.  So, unless you have been banned explicitly by the landowner, you can fly over ban lines by staying just barely 50m above the surface. 

• Like 1

I want to thank you both for taking time to answer my question; however, your answers are not what I was hoping to hear. The banline I'm referring to is 70m high, and I was hoping that there was a new limit to banlines. From my point of view, I think they should be banned. They may keep out a few unwanted avatars, but anger and alienate all others who have the misfortune to come across one. Just ask my customers :(

At the time of the raise of the banline height for banned avatars this concern was already brought up by residents into piloting aircrafts etc. AFAIK LL's response was to simply fly higher...

As for the 70m: Since the default ground level is 20m and ban lines for private parcles reach up to 50m above ground, it's pretty easy to guess where that 70m might be coming from: 20m + 50m = 70m ;)

This is always a tough call. I have had shops in mainland sims and have moved a couple of times because the neighborhood changed while I was there. As a renter, I feel that I can always pick up at any time and set up in a new spot with almost no trouble. If I were buying land or setting up a large store, though, I'd always go for a private sim where tenants are more predictable. That's just me, though. I know many people who would make other choices.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.