MP Sales Abrupt halt

Natalie Auggers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, at the risk of sounding paranoid, lol, this happened at exactly the same time as last year, the day before Valentine's Day. Which is our biggest selling day. Our sales for the past 3-4 years are steady and non stop up to and past Valentine's Day. Except, last year, suddenly there was an abrupt halt of sales from the day before Valentine's Day till the day after. And it's happening again. We have had non stop sales and suddenly none from last night through today. Additionally, and I don't know if this related, but I normally wake up to a hundred offline messages of missed group notifications, I had zero. I logged into SL and had zero (hasn't happened to me since I joined SL over 6 years ago). I also have a few groups that automatically send a notice when you log in, and have not recieved a single one of those.

Has anyone else noticed anything wonky today with sales and/or notices?

well for me, everything is ok.. sales are at normal level, neither more, neither less. As for ims or group notice while im offline, everything is ok..

Did you checked your spamed folder in your mailbox...? some pp told in the forum recently that for an odd reason all their emails from the mp went suddendly in the spam folder in their mailbox... maybe this happened to you too.

No problems here for me. All messages going through just fine and sales are actually a bit above where I'd expected them to be.(a welcome surprise, lol)

I think you may be remembering the Valentine's day fiasco so many merchants fell victim to. It was absolutely awful for a lot of people and cost plenty of us a ton of money and lost revenue. I'm sure someone else can provide a link for that information. I don't have access to my saved links from it, I'm not on my pc atm, just taking a break from grading my kids' tests on their pc.

Hopefully it's just a coincidence for you and nothing sketchy going on.

my marketplace sales stopped around yesterday lunchtime but the inworld one carried on.  Today nada for either.  It happens to me once a month now so I just ignore it.

The moral, as always, is that you can't rely on sl for any income because it's so flaky that you'll never know if the problem is you, your customers or the platform and LL certainly aren't interested in making it easier for us.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.