Maturity Level for keyword "Gorean"

Gabi Fanshaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems quite unfair to force higher maturity level for anything using the word "Gorean". I am trying to sell gowns that cover EVERYTHING, includes even veils. There is nothing exposed or in any way sexual. But they are being forced to a higher maturity level (even while some clothing that is non-Gorean does show almost everything).

Backgrounds that are suitable for Gorean photos, simply because they include the Gorean 3 moons... nothing sexual... only scenery.... higher maturity levels.

There are MANY things that are for use in Gor that are not sexual or even suggestive... nothing at all...

Sort of agree.

An alternative would be to remove the minors from SL, replace maturity with work-safe flags (or content specific flags such as violence, sexuality, etc.) and make the Gorean content a copyright issue.

According to Tyche Shepherd, by the end of the month, adult regions will outnumber general regions.

Besides, everyone knows that people only read Juggs for the articles and visit Gor for the scenery. Think of the innocent rocks!

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

While specific items may be general in nature the whole concept of Gor is Mature or Adult roleplay.  I just now tried to in world search for G rated Gor sims and got nothing, so marketing should not be a problem as anyone looking for Gor related items will be able to set their preferences to Mature and Adult.

The problem is that the items fit Gorean and other themes, if you want to market Gorean you can't market it to a general audience, unless Gorean is in the name of your store.

Yes exactly. The dresses I have posted fit "old west" or really any of that kind of roleplay. While Gor may (and definitely is) adult roleplay, so is vampires, so is old west, so really is almost any roleplay.

The items are not selling adult roleplay... The long dresses are selling overly modest clothing. The textures... pretty backgrounds with 3 moons. Forcing these into higher restriction is thoughtless and silly and should be looked at with an eye to change.

(For pete's sake, just as non-gor items are rated individually.... just because one top has the breasts cut out, does not mean that all tops should be higher restriction... sheesh!)

Yea...all of my building TEXTURE sets are set to "M" because they're called something with Gorean in the name or have the word "Gorean" in the description because I am suggesting how they might be suitable for Gorean builds and locations.

It's OTT IMO but it is what it is and I don't think it effects sales as such.. well I don't know as I have nothing to compare it to :)

It's not marketing the items to the Gorean Market that is the issue. It is losing out on  Medieval, Fantasy, themed RP markets if you use the words Gor or Gorean in your listing.  So you either don't use the terms or, you must post separate items, which with MP is a no no, or, you lose out marketing items to all available markets.  It is like you are punished if you sell to multiple markets

Yes, their auto-adult filter is annoying.  I had a skirt bumped I think because of the word "blood" (there's no actual blood involved, just a skirt themed on "blood, gold, land"), although I can't be bothered going through the tedious process of checking.  Also the demo version wes left rated as general....whatever.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.