I've lost two flat objects in a wall. I know where they are, but can't find a way to take them out

shelteringsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Probably the easiest thing to do is

1. Click on your Build (or Edit) menu at the top of the screen and select Options

2. Check Select Only My Objects and Select By Surrounding

3. Stand in front of your wall and open the Build/Edit tool (CTRL + 3)

4.   Drag a rectangle around the place in the wall where you think your hidden object is, using your mouse.

That will select the hidden object, which will now be highlighted.

5.  Use the red or green arrows to pull it out of the wall.

• Like 1

One trick I use sometimes is to edit my house and move it a certain specific distance - for instance, up 10 meters. Then I can select the buried object and move it, and then I move the house back down the same amount I moved it up. If you go to "Object - Position" you can change digits in the numbers and then change them back.

Here is yet another trick.  In Tools, select "Hide Selected."

Now select the wall.  It will disappear, and you will see your embedded objects.  Right click one to select it.  The wall will now reappear, since it's no longer selected, but you will still have hold of your embedded object.  Use the position arrows to drag it out of the wall.

It will be invisible until you unselect it, of course.

Here's still another variation:  If your viewer supports derendering, derender the wall.  Move your embedded objects.  Then un-derender the wall again, using the procedure appropriate to your viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.