Gesture HUD

Paige Werefox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've looked and I've found ways to make a script but I'm not sure how to make a HUD that I can put all my gestures into it and it show up on my screen so I can click it and play the sound with the text in local...I don't do the dancing ones just the text and sound if anyone could help that would be AWESOME!!!

Thanks

Foxxy Paige

You can't play gestures by script.    Or, rather, you can't simply load gestures into a hud and play them.

You can cheat, by taking advantage of the fact llDialog makes you say, in the specified channel, whatever the button text is, so you could make yourself say the triggers by having the dialog menu chat them for you, but that's a rather convoluted solution.

• 10 months later...

Just to expand on steph's reply, when you click on a button saying, for example, "OK" on menu presented by llDialog, that causes your avatar to say "OK" on whatever channel was specified in the llDialog command (this, incidentally, is an exception to the general rule that avatars can't talk on negative channels).

Gesture huds are simply a collection of gestures set to listen for the appropriate shortcut on the appropriate channel.   A gesture can't tell the difference between me saying " /7 dance" and me clicking a menu button saying "dance" that's been generated by llDialog(llGetOwner(),"Please choose a gesture", ListOfTriggers, 7);

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

I want to create a hud that triggers the words for my gestures in local chat so I don't have to type trigger anymore. I thought like a button on screen for category that opens subcategory in popupwindow and when you click that it opens the button for the gestures in category so when you click on one it triggers the chat to play activated gesture from inventory. What kind of script I need that I can programm buttons on hud with and without usage of notecards? It would be so cool if all would be programmable like a radio I have in my inventory that asks for stations and URLs by popup instead of complicated filling of notecards. Is that possible with the hud I want to create? I would be so happy for help. Thank you in advance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.