Is This Possible?

Lukeh Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Say I have a prim and want to set the faces of the prim to rotate between different textures ever x amount of seconds (so far I know this is is all possible) 

But instead of having the textures load from within the prim itself they load from a folder hosted on a website for example if I uploaded a bunch of PNGs to http://www.-----.com/images/SLtextures ...

Can I get a prim face to rotate through the images I have hosted in that folder online.

I haven't played around with HTTP or Server response/request scripts so I wouldn't know :o

Thanks in advanced :)

You can't load a texture from an external server - from the perspective of LL there are good reasons for that, I guess.

What you could do, however, is use moap (media on a prim - see here e.g. ) to load a texture to the face of a prim.

Most likely, however, this will not work with rotating images - or to a limizted degree - since pages are rendered to each viewer.

• Like 1

I've never even noticed PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_LOOP but the corresponding viewer control is documented "Replays media automatically when it finishes playing. Only applicable for certain media types (some videos, etc.)." I'm thinking that's not going to work here.

As I recall, MOAP images can be up to 2048 x 2048, so depending on how high-res the individual displayed images need to be, one might use a graphics program to slap them all together into one big image for hosting, then display them individually by offsetting the MOAP texture on the prim either using llOffsetTexture or, if they don't need to be sync'd for different viewers, using cel-based llSetTextureAnim.

[ETA: I think Darkie's approach with MOAP will work, too... and even if the images do need to be sync'd, but with a script that just keeps pushing different URLs to the media surface. But any use of MOAP requires that the viewers have media enabled, with auto-play, and that's not very common anymore.]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.