Anyone know where this unusual house is now??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw on Marketplace, often, over last few months an unusual home/house...

A  natural looking rock sort of irregular tower, the picture showed it by the sea, I think (not sure). It is made to look like a natural piece of rock, but inside is a small room I think. It might be this 'home' or room is visible when looking at it from the outside also, I don't remember the picture so well sadly...

What I do remember is it looked striking and unusual, and was in the "Featured Items" section at the top for ages. I thought it had a red 'flash' on the picture advertising the price, not certain, I thought this might mean it was made by Nicollas Randt (who uses this sometimes), but doesn't appear in his store.

Can I find it anywhere now I actually want to.... no! :)

Any Help much appreciated, inworld IM or here is fine, and thanks !

Thank you Kelli, it isn't in thats store but some lovely stuff there :) It was a sort of natural looking "rock-pillar" kind of thing, with a house or room in, Mesh I think, and in the "Feattured Items" for ages. Did i favorite it or bookmark it. Erm no, I thought it would always be there and now, if it is I can't find it :)

Sincere thanks for posting, I continue my search, but though different, that "Castle Ruins Lodge" looks rather splendid :)

Argus Foxclaw wrote:

Thank you Kelli, it isn't in thats store but some lovely stuff there
:)
It was a sort of natural looking "rock-pillar" kind of thing, with a house or room in, Mesh I think, and in the "Feattured Items" for ages. Did i favorite it or bookmark it. Erm no, I thought it would always be there and now, if it is I can't find it

Sincere thanks for posting, I continue my search, but though different, that "Castle Ruins Lodge" looks rather splendid

I agree on the Castle Ruins Lodge... I bought one last time I moved and have been living in it for 6 months.

It's beautiful, I am often amazed by the quality of many of the builds in SL, there are many incredibly creative people here, I have to settle for just being awed at what I find.... the time, the patience, the skill. Enough to make one feel slightly virtually inadequate, but at least I can buy one or two :)

I am sure many will be hanging on this thread by now hoping against hope that this mythical structure is found.

And I just did, thanks in no small part, I suspect, to the renewed inspiration in my searching caused by these helpful posts, thank you all very much, sincerely appreciated! :)

And after all that here is the offending building, if you re-read my original post you will see that my powers of observation are not exactly Holmesian, but I did get some things right, not really enough to give anyone much of a chance of finding it admittedly, but some :)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Escapades-Mesh-Rock-Cabin-Beach/3091064

Thanks again !

I am glad you finally found the thing that caught your eye, and it's so nice that you stopped back in to let everyone know. As it happens the person that made that house is a very frequent contributor to the Feed (my.secondlife.com). I've seen his name on the main page there many times. I sent him a link to this thread; maybe he'll be a more frequent Forum visitor.

I have a very good friend who lives in a lighthouse, so there was a lot for me to like about this thread. Even if it hadn't had the 'under the rock' stories. :-)

:) Now I just need to find a place to put it, and then I can sit in there while taking time out in SL or concentrating on something that baffles me, and the supply of mental challenges seems inexhaustible so far :) Btw, it's worth looking at the little video the seller has included on the Marketplace page for that rock-home, I think its nicely done, something else I might need to try and learn sometime :)

I never really understood the Feed well and haven't used it myself, I should investigate and find out more, its a place you post snippets to all the people on your friend list? Looking at it now, if thats what it is, I start to understand, I must read a little more :)

I hope the person who made it reads this, and if so - "Thanks for imagining and creating such an atmospheric, slightly magical and beautiful space!"

And isn't a lighthouse, or similar, just so so appealing sometimes as we battle through the rl day, the peace, the sound of the gulls and a quietly boiling kettle on the stove, the smell of salt spary in the air, the steady undertones of the sea against the rock through the thick, safe lighthouse walls ... please excuse me I need to go and daydream somewhere a moment, possibly in a little virtual rock home somewhere :)

Oh, and as I mentioned to Melita, worth watching the lovely little video on the Marketplace page for that item :)

Argus Foxclaw wrote:

I never really understood the Feed well and haven't used it myself, I should investigate and find out more, its a place you post snippets to all the people on your friend list? Looking at it now, if thats what it is, I start to understand, I must read a little more

I hope the person who made it reads this, and if so - "Thanks for imagining and creating such an atmospheric, slightly magical and beautiful space!"

And isn't a lighthouse, or similar, just so so appealing sometimes as we battle through the rl day, the peace, the sound of the gulls and a quietly boiling kettle on the stove, the smell of salt spary in the air, the steady undertones of the sea against the rock through the thick, safe lighthouse walls ... please excuse me I need to go and daydream somewhere a moment, possibly in a little virtual rock home somewhere

Oh, and as I mentioned to Melita, worth watching the lovely little video on the Marketplace page for that item

re: the Feed. Start slow. I only went there to begin with because it was a place to contact my SL friends during RL hours, and that really was kind of fun.  The issue is that unless you change settings it's all public, much like I assume twitter to be. After a while that got to be rather unpleasant. Now I keep my side of things set to friends only and rarely stray into the public places.

As for paragraph three.....I suppose it would have been obvious just reading your posts in this thread but that paragraph confirms it. We're both saps. Immersionists. A friend of mine once wrote about an SL event, "I could feel the sea breeze on my arms." I knew what she meant. I can see you do as well. :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.