Everytime I log in,my password is there,I unstick the box,to keep it private

Myfanwy Acer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Every time I log in ,my password is there,I untick the box,to keep it private,but next time I log in it is there again and the box is ticked.someone has been in to my account and it is getting upsetting,I have changed my password many times,but a tick keeps appearing in the box that I have unticked to keep password private,what can I do?

3 answers to this question

Try opening your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D) and then the Debug Settings.  Type in RememberPassword .  The box next to it should display a TRUE / FALSE choice for whether you want your viewer to remember your password for the next login.  Select FALSE and close the window.  That should do exactly the same thing as unchecking the Remember box on the login page, but maybe the extra push from inside Debug Settings will make it stick better.

• Like 2

I have to say that Lindal probably nailed it. Windows will also "remember" your log in information. That is only slightly more secure than having the viewer (or SL) remember your log in information (the OS remembering requires that anyone attempting to log in will have to attempt that log in from the computer you are using)..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.