Reviews @ MP (after purchase the item)

Anakin Septimus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to know if i can put inside the item folder a NC saying that people who purchased the item, that if they liked it, they can review the item with 5 stars and they will get an extra color of the same item for free or something like that, is it that allowed to do or not?
thank you!! :D

Anakin Septimus wrote:

so i can put like this : '' if u liked the item u can review it and u will get an extra color'' is that correct?

i just cant put '' if u liked the item u can review it with 5 stars and u will get an extra color''

And also thank you for the fast reply
:D

Yes, so many advantages here -

Customers who don't like your product won't review it because you are threatening to spam them with another one.

And if you do accumulate sufficient good reviews then you can remove the evidence from your description that you paid or rewarded customers for reviews, and then everyone will think they are genuine - as in spontaneously received because customers loved it. And nobody would ever know since you're posting under an alt. Very cleverly done :)

edit to add:

No, you cannot say 'if you liked the item you can review it.' because this says that only people who liked it can review it. You can only say 'If you review the item you will get an extra color'

ImpendingDoom Looming wrote:

I know of merchants who simply can have any bad reviews removed no matter what the review says.

No merchant, without being unfairly connected to a Linden, can have any review removed. What likely is happening is that the reviewer puts something in the review that is off limits and gets the review removed. It totally depends on what the review says, on whether it gets removed or not. The review can not contain references to other creators. I've even had reviews removed that don't criticize the actual product, but how SL works. If the reviewer doesn't articulate the review within the scope of what is exceptable, than it can be removed.

Recently, on 1 of my most popular products, some joker gave it a 1 star review. This product has dozens and dozens of 5 star reviews, a few 4 star reviews, 1 3 star, and 1 2 star. No 1 star reviews. Everything this person wrote in the review was total BS. I commented on the review explaining the parts he had a problem with, and I told him to contact me inworld and I would adjust anything in the AO for him. His next comments showed he didn't care and just wanted to give a bad review. In his original review, he tells people to buy a specific product. This was his mistake. After I saw he was not being reasonable, I flagged the review and it was removed the next day. I would not of flagged the review if the reviewer was willing to allow me to help them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.