Inadvertently pushing people while on pose ball

LaurenSibrof

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm pretty new, and ran into a kinda embarrassing situation yesterday.  I don't know if the fact that I am legally blind in RL (and thus what I see on screen is limited) contributed to the situation or not. 

I was on an ice skating pose ball yesterday.  I was just minding my own business watching my avatar skate along, when I happened to look toward the bottom left of my screen and notice someone was asking me to stop pushing other avatars. 

Oops. 

Sometimes I couldn't see my avatar, not because of my visual impairment but because other stuff was blocking my view of the av.  When I could see my av, I didn't see it pushing into anybody.  But apparently, at some point, it did. 

Is there a way to make sure that doesn't happen in the future?  Can you even control your avatar while on a pose ball to dodge other avatars? 

Welcome to the forums, Lauren. :}

Phil's suggestion to try moving on the ball when the sim is quiet is a good one; quite a few thing in SL require trial and error at times, but even the most experienced people accidentally bump into other avis so don't fret too much.

I've been to skating sims with poseballs that take an avatar (or a couple) on a set skating path with no movement control, and in those cases your camera usually doesn't follow in the same manner. Objects and scenery get in the way. That could be why you say things are blocking your view. If you're on a fixed-path poseball like that there's no way to control where you're going or get out of anyone's way.

Just say sorry, didn't see you! or sorry, I am new at this!

When I was new, I used to smash into all sorts of people at dance clubs because I did not realize they had not rezzed yet and I was all over the place.

They were pretty angry some of them, the rest I guess figured I was new and tried to help me out.

Press esc to keep your camera on your avatar.

You can also Alt Left click on your avatar, or anyone else's, to keep your camera on them or you.

If you were on a skating system that uses paths you can't control where you go so you were not the one at fault.  The people that got on the ice and in your way were the ones that caused the bump. If it had been me I would have said I was sorry they were bumped but that I have no control over where I go while skating and they should stay off the ice when people are skating if they don't want to be bumped.  If they were skating too someone should notify the owner of the rink of the problem as the paths aren't set up right so it can be fixed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.