SL website

Jillam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah, see, this is why we need to know what the error message is, not just that she's getting an error message from the server. In lieu of that, I'll just assume she's getting to the server just fine but not able to login, in which case she can request a password reset by pretending to have forgotten her password. She should be able to get to that page directly from:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/request.php

No, she cannot get to her account at all. Any link to her account doesnt not word such as the one you sent. She is in the hospital at the moment so I cant give you the server message. I will send that info in a couple of days. thanks for the help.

Jillam wrote:

No, she cannot get to her account at all. Any link to her account doesnt not word such as the one you sent. She is in the hospital at the moment so I cant give you the server message. I will send that info in a couple of days. thanks for the help.

The link Qie gave you is not a link to her account.  Anyone that can look at the general SL web pages without logging in can use it.

It's pretty unlikely you'll get to the website administrator unless enough people file support tickets or bug reports with the same problem. A support ticket is probably in order, but it may speed things up to include in the ticket that you've tried a few things first... and now that we understand it has nothing at all to do with your friend's account (apparently she gets that error just by browsing to the SL website, before even supplying her account name, right?), there are a few things to try.

1. First, and simplest, is to try a different browser. What browser is she using, by the way?  And anything unusual about its configuration, such as an uncommon national language setting, maybe? If the same problem occurs using a different browser, it could still be something about how that particular computer is configured, so...
  2. Next would be to try a different computer. If even that doesn't work, then there's a problem either in the local network or the ISP's. It's kind of a stretch, but maybe the site itself is firewalled off, or blocked by the ISP; I am not sure, however, why that would cause this particular error.
  3. If multiple computers using the same route to the internet have the same problem, I'd try turning off and on all routers and modems or whatever is between her machine and the ISP. That's pretty much superstitious, considering the error, but I'd do it anyway, just to be able to say I'd tried it.

By the way, if #1 works, it may be possible to get the original browser working by clearing cookies and cache. In fact, if there isn't already another browser installed (does anybody have only one browser these days?), she could try that first, although it makes the browser forget things that are handy for it to remember--which is the whole point of cookies. If the browser has an "incognito" mode, that's a painless way to sort of temporarily "pretend" that cookies have been cleared.

Finally, if any of this actually works, the last thing to do is browse to the marketplace. The jira is full of reports of these same errors in the Marketplace, going back many months, but only after an attempt to login to a specific account, and it appears the Marketplace team is unable to fix it. For some of us, though, never ever using Marketplace is a feature, not a bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.