Who Knows Of Anyone That is Doing Thanksgiving Dinners in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I won't be online myself, but I can offer a place to host one, if you'd like. I can probably place out some decor(though I don't think I have a whole lot in the way of Thanksgiving, I am more than happy to look). You'll have to bring the rest with you...and you'll have to invite people too lol. I've some prims to spare, and a space up in the sky you are more than welcome to as I surely won't be using the space. I can set a music stream to whatever you'd like it set to for the day(you'd just have to let me know, normally I'd offer to DJ, but like I said, I won't be home until later that evening/night).

Send me an IM inworld if you'd like to use it. I'll log in and post the slurl here once I do. Otherwise you'll have to fly up to it on your own. It's easy to find, look in my pics for my store and go up. At the moment, it's just an empty platform.

This is the slurl..

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Endless%20Despair/220/228/401

Like I said, more than welcome, you'll just have to bring the party with you :) There should be plenty of prims available, if not, I can always yank some stuff here and there. There is an intan, and some light outdoor decor out now, feel free to see if it's an appropriate setting for you, if you can get what you need for a dinner/party. As long as you clean up when you're all finished, you can use it as long as you need. Let me know by Wednesday night if you want to use it, just so I know. I'm leaving my house early Thursday am.

I don't know that it is "great" but I have a table laden with Thanksgiving foods inside the white, glass garden house in Dallows (at the former CR.) You are welcome to go there and 'eat' if you wish.

I'd even decorate the immediate area a bit, if it would be important to someone. I don't know that I will go out and buy lots of things to order as I did in years past, but I can give it a good college try, from what I already have in Inventory, with some general description of what is wanted.

I'm guessing you will find someplace more suitable, but it's there if you want to use it.

I used to put out a fully loaded table, with every food on it, a pitcher of iced tea or cider, etc., but I never knew if anyone knew what it was, or liked it, or just thought it was odd. Lol. I used to rez that outdoors, in the grass or on a platform, because it was bigger than the greenhouse, but this new table fits.

Here you can find a table groaning with the typical U.S. Thanksgiving day feast:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dallows/150/180/44

Other than the Meeroo, everything is very traditional and (at least, in my family) typical.

thanksgiving foods 2012_001.png

A little ways away is a patio set for two, where you can watch the sun rise or set over the landscape, if you feel like it. And the patio table has a plate of Turkey sandwiches - traditional next day leftovers. :)

And here is a table nicely set, if you would like to sit down:

table http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dallows/217/174/41

(Shh, it's really a Christmas table, but it fit the room. And it's essentially - except for the Pudding - the same idea.)

Thank you to the creators of such lovely items. There are many nice things available, some very cheaply, on Marketplace, by the way. I didn't make anything in the above except the trivet. Lol. 

Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.