When division is a communication strategy......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So this morning, i found by chance the New post from the commerce team.

Ok, they announce new categories on the Market place what is a good thing. 

But then, some bitterness came to me..

They announced the new categories in the forum. Not by individual email notification. They use the forum as a way of communication. That's a good thing indeed.

But then.... they started the post with a "We'd like to hear from you!". Ok guys ! No worries... But ....Ah ! yes, its a no reply post !.... 

Weird... they use the forum to communicate toward us, but we cant use it to send them our feeback.... hum....

ok... i see a link....i click on it.... so its a form with closed questions and closed categories... just like when we submit a ticket or the new bug report system...

So its ok for LL to come here in the forum to communicate with us, but its not ok for us to send them our feedback the way we choose to do it. All is locked. We have to answer in a secret way that only LL will be able to read our feedback...(they just dont care to get a thousand times the same feedback.... do they really read them ?).... The more shame in this is that they private us to feed our thought with others opinions. And on top of this.... we are only allowed to answer on closed question in closed categories.

This is not what i call "We'd like to hear from you"  . LL should have add at the end of their sentences ..." in the way we want you to talk to us"...

they didnt invented anything... this exist since old old ages.... when a group start to be bothering, the solution is to divide it and to individualize the problems.... One person will always be less powerfull than a group. 

since some weeks now, we have writen and writen many feedbacks, questions, requests in this forum to the LL Team.... Instead of reading us and answering us, they made a list of things to do that displays obviously they didnt read what we writed. But it seems, that now they go a step further. First the jira system is going to a secret bug report system.. and now, even feedbacks are asked in a secret way...

A famous forum chipmunk adviced to LL last week to make the forum secret aswell...They should also put closed categories and closed questions in it... and even... they should put already made sentences list and we will have to choose in them to write a post.... This would be the perfect "Your world, your imagination", no .?

I dont think this is something to complain about, they are giving residents a chance to give views on a specific aspect of marketplace, clearly they need to get this information in some sort of structured format, hence the web form, this way they can instantly see which categories are receiving the most criticism, its seems like a far more efficient method than having to read through what may be hundreds of forum posts.

I dont see anything in the post or the web form dissallowing forum, or any other type of discussion/communication on this subject, you are free to discuss it here if this is your preffered method as you are doing. The web form merely allows for quick consise feedback.

One of the categories I see they intend to add, appears to be in direct response to a forum post I read about 3 weeks ago although admitedly this may just be a happy coincidence.

I think its important to remember to complain about the BAD things that LL do and not just automatically complain about everything they do. 

I thought the same thing and rolled my eyes but I reason it wasn't deliberate, it's just they don't know how to turn it on. I did have to laugh though because it really is typical of them  lol.

Pamela worked around it by starting a new thread so we'll just keep doing that if they do it again.

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

I think its important to remember to complain about the BAD things that LL do and not just automatically complain about everything they do. 

I have a different view.  I'd much rather praise the GOOD things that have been done.

I've not posted too often recently though.

well, my fear here is that its deliberate. 

If we consider now the new bug system, and the way they have to not consider what we are sending them as feedback in the forum, i think its a legitimate fear. 

They talk to us as a group, but when its a matter to take answer from us, they want us as single persons.

I really hope im wrong. i hope that its not their new communication strategy.. 

After the bug report system, its now the feedback system that has to be individual, secret and with closed question... what will be next ?

@Ziggy, no, i think youve misunderstood me.. im not ranting about this survey in particular, but about this on top of several other communication lacks that happened recently. If everyone could see the result of the survey, then it could be a good thing, indeed. i really do think that one's can feed its thougth knowing about others one's thoughts. Keeping thinking alone in a corner, does not make raise thought  in good way. Its my opinion. Just mine.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

I thought the same thing and rolled my eyes but I reason it wasn't deliberate, it's just they don't know how to turn it on. I did have to laugh though because it really is typical of them  lol.

Pamela worked around it by starting a new thread so we'll just keep doing that if they do it again.

Pretty much my same reaction.  I was thinking back to years ago when various new "features" were added with the caveat that the residents have been asking for this...all the while on the forums the residents were saying Noooooooo...we don't want that.  That was back during regular office hours days and I could only think maybe 5 people in the meeting thought something was a good idea and that constituted "the residents."

Or the other belief at the time - LL polled what the residents wanted and then did the opposite. :matte-motes-sour:

Or the other belief at the time - LL polled what the residents wanted and then did the opposite.

-----------------------------

=(^-^)= lol yeah or the worst is when they do what you wanted but find some way to do it all backwards & so wrong that you just gotta hate it & wish you never opened your mouth. are they just trolling us? i think it's dangerous to suggest anything to Lindens. i don't try it any more. i'm keeping all my good ideas to myself now :catembarrassed:

The 'secret email technique' is a simple way they can 'appear' as if they are listening to the population, but can still do exactly what they want anyway, never revealing what the masses actually wanted/didn't want. Let's see a chart, at least!

I've seen even more obvious examples of this technique from the Lab in recent years. They collect the messages from residents (rthrough email, forum posts or whatever method), never reveal what they collected and then announce a decision.

This is called opacity (not transparency). It's the exact opposite of a functional communication style.

Pretty sad. You would think an organsation in the virtual world industry, would be leading the way. Rather, they use communication techniques long-abandoned by many companies about 20 years ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.