A question about rain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As Rolig suggested, just place your emitters to rain where it falls on the ground outside not on the building.  You can use windlight to create a misty or foggy atmosphere that hides the fact that it is not raining all over.  If you use firestorm or phoenix you can do this so that the windlight settings can be automatically seen by anyone else using these viewers who have set their viewer preferences to allow it who comes on your property..

Unfortunately, the emitters cover large areas and I cant modify them to rain in smaller ones. So there are spots where its not raining (not placing an emiter there) because it will rain to the next parcel too.

Is there any tutorial on how to reate your own emitter? Maybe I could give them the shape I need.

Thank you!

That's the trouble with using freebies.  You have to put up with someone else's designs.  So, visit the Particle Lab in world and learn how to make your own, or use this one.   It's a freebie.  :smileyvery-happy:

integer gON;default {    touch_start(integer num)     {        gON = !gON;        if (gON)        {           llParticleSystem([           PSYS_SRC_TEXTURE, llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_TEXTURE, 0),            PSYS_PART_START_SCALE, <.1,.5, FALSE>,  PSYS_PART_END_SCALE, <.05,4.0, FALSE>,            PSYS_PART_START_COLOR, <.3,.4,.5>,      PSYS_PART_END_COLOR, <.5,.6,.7>,            PSYS_PART_START_ALPHA, .7,       PSYS_PART_END_ALPHA, .5,                PSYS_SRC_BURST_PART_COUNT, 1,            PSYS_SRC_BURST_RATE,0.05,             PSYS_PART_MAX_AGE,1.0,            PSYS_SRC_MAX_AGE,0.0,             PSYS_SRC_PATTERN, 8,           PSYS_SRC_BURST_SPEED_MIN, 0.0,              PSYS_SRC_BURST_SPEED_MAX, 0.0,            PSYS_SRC_BURST_RADIUS, 5.0,           PSYS_SRC_ANGLE_BEGIN, .25*PI,   PSYS_SRC_ANGLE_END, 0.0*PI,             PSYS_SRC_ACCEL, <0.0,0.0,-10.5>,             PSYS_PART_FLAGS, ( 0                                     | PSYS_PART_INTERP_COLOR_MASK                                   | PSYS_PART_INTERP_SCALE_MASK                                   | PSYS_PART_EMISSIVE_MASK                                   | PSYS_PART_WIND_MASK                                            | PSYS_PART_BOUNCE_MASK                                      ) ]);        }        else        {            llParticleSystem([]);        }    }        }

Hi XbabylonX:

I created a sheet style rain/snow emitter to blanket one outside wall of my home with weather. It's reasonably easy to place so it doesn't penetrate inside. You can see it at work in front of the lighthouse in Forgotten City. If you go there and don't see rain or snow falling in front of the structure, step inside and touch the sunset photograph on the left wall. That will cycle rain->snow->none.

If you like what you see, IM me and I'll put something together for you when I get in-world.

Here's the SLURL:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Forgotten%20City/179/209/35

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.