Has anyone ever being stripped buying an object?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I had this weird thing happen to me for three times now in the past months.

Last time was yesterday.

I bought some hair in a shop with much traffic and suddenly i am naked. Not only naked.

Clothing, attachements, make up and even all my HUDs. EVERYTHING is gone exept for the fact that I am wearing the hair I just bought. (And i did not click "buy and wear"!)

I was embarrased as the shop had many avatars walking around and I could not tp home all that quickly due to the lag.

Anyone has this problem too?

Greetings

Fairy

Fairy Fanshaw wrote:

Hello,

I had this weird thing happen to me for three times now in the past months.

Last time was yesterday.

I bought some hair in a shop with much traffic and suddenly i am naked. Not only naked.

Clothing, attachements, make up and even all my HUDs. EVERYTHING is gone exept for the fact that I am wearing the hair I just bought. (And i did not click "buy and wear"!)

I was embarrased as the shop had many avatars walking around and I could not tp home all that quickly due to the lag.

Anyone has this problem too?

Greetings

Fairy

a year ago near Halloween i was dancing in a club .. this guy in there had this ltl silver robot .. he asked me if i wanted it & i said 'sure' .. so i got a box where he was offering it to me & i clicked 'accept' & it went into my inv .. so when i clicked 'wear' or 'add' the robot appeared on my shoulder but all my clothes & even my hair were gone !! everyone laughed @ the gullible newbie who fell for the trick .. i posted in this forum about this & someone explained how it mustuv worked but iv forgotten the explanation .. the thread should be in the forum from about a yr ago

Jeanne

Fairy Fanshaw wrote:

It happened at two shops. Both strangely enough hair shops.

On the click "buy" everything disappeared even AO and other HUDs, leaving me like a naked noob, but with the hair i just bought.

(Skin and shape were the only other things that stayed on)

I'm wondering is the "buy and wear" button isn't being "dummied" to only say "Buy."  Or is simply being truncated.  Would be a good way for a Merchant to upset customers

The only other ways it could be accomplished are discussed in JeanneAnn's thread.

Need some one with more expertise than me on this one.

I got stripped opening a box with some hair in it recently.  I rezzed it on the ground, clicked "open", then clicked the option to wear and copy to inventory.  The box must have triggered "replace outfit", rather than "add to outfit".  I don't know how wide spread this is, I almost always copy stuff to inventory before I wear it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.