When Politics Collide with Virtual Realties

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hmmm, Syo... you struck me as someone with misplaced rage.

Unfortunately for you, I have 2 level 85s and one leveling monk in WoW enough to be convinced that Yes, we've got plenty of teenagers and confused 5 year olds in WoW. I didn't say though whether or not the operators are actual children or just adults behaving like children. Calling me ignorant and mean, is not going to change what I think WoW is full of nowadays. But I understand that you are a WoW Fanboi so I apologised if you're nerd-raging right now because someone just wore the shoes and stamping dirts all over your holy ground too ...  

But I gotta tell you, WoW has got nothing over Rift. Not even GW2. No trash talking politician will be able to change my mind in this case. 

To lighten the mood (probably not yours... it's always a hit and miss with you) here is a girl having her nerd-rage moment in WoW. Caution: Watching or Listening this clip may cause Epilepsy

Why does everyone who doesn't like a game have to call everyone who does like it a fanboy? Fanboy is such a stupid name and really has become simply a way to insult someone for not agreeing with your way of thinking and most of the time aren't really what I would call a fanboy on a gaming industry level. I used to play wow...haven't touched it in well over a year cause it got stagnant and boring to me after Cata was done and I have no interest in playing as a panda or a round of pokemon. Right now I play GW2 pretty heavily and I played SWTOR when it came out last year. I also played Rift too. I'm not a fan boy of any of them in particular...I just really like MMO's in general. But being able to say that obviously WoW is a great game doesn't make me a fanboy (or woudl that be fan girl?). It's simply a fact and they have the subscription and dollars to prove it. Honestly, Rift was the biggest piece of crap I ever played in my life, yet you like it. That doesn't make you a fan boy and it doesn't make me wrong. It makes you like a game that I don't. Personally...so far GW2 has been one of the better MMO's i've played in a long time, but WoW is definitely more polished and more stable of a game...but I have no doubt given time GW2 will be just as hot of a game...plus it's free so there's that.

As for the whole political issue. I could give a rats tail if a politician plays video games. In fact, I might like them a bit more if they did. But...if you're going to use your gaming as a way to spread political statements, you have to come and expect a little flack for it.

Also to Syo...."Thats like saying all SL residents are sexuall frustrated weidos in RL."  come on...you know this is true  ;)

So I'm a fanboi, just because I say its foolish to think other games all out of a sudden have better users? And also for the fact that you can't see peoples age and because of saying that its useless to assume everyone is a teenager or  five years old? (Never saw a five year old who could already write more than his name and could spend 13 bucks a month...).

Like I said, would you like someone hearing to say that all in Second Life are people without a real life and too ugly and fat to get real sex? Thats just the same as saying one game is floated with bad people but similar games are not.

Hmmm, the answer is simple... if someone gets a nerd rage attack over what someone is thinking over a game, that person is seriously in love with particular game. And you Mr. Deja does not have a tail's end knowing who disagreed first do you? 

I came in to say I'd vote for that lady for my reasons. 

I say I might not vote her because she does not reach her voters effectively. Why? Because WoW itself has plenty of children it it, compared to other MMOs. Syo, came in with unfounded anger telling me that I'm ignorant and mean... over me calling a MMO game what it is?

Which nerves did I hit on both of you? The fact that it is true that we have more children playing WoW compared to SWTOR? Or the facts that Syo is relating well with her inner child and you relating well with your bias-ness of one particular game? 

So what if Rift is a piece of crap, call me a fanboy/fangirl... Bottom line is, We're talking about a game and and a politician.. and if she would be able to reach the userbase effectively as what other games will. The answer is this... NO. Where in my previous comments (if you had read it at all) saying WoW is a piece of crap? Obviously Syo did (in her own misconstrued preconception about my comments) and you with your one-sided conclusion.

And, Fanboy/Fangirl actually does have a nice ring to it. You want to take it as an insult, then be it. Ask me if I care? 

Well, would you like me to call you foolish, ignorant and mean for thinking that WoW has a better userbase than other MMOs? 

Have you seen the playerbase in Korea? Or even remotely bother to analyse the majority of gaming age community per game per country? Fact is, WoW is loosing their players left and right because of newer games. What's left are children of older parents who used to play WoW and had gone to more mature games. 

I said, WoW is flooded with confused teenagers and 5 year olds. That hasn't changed. Go into arena and PuG, you tell me if the majority of the players behaves like 45 year olds? 

Oh and about SL, pffttt... Why are you comparing  Second Life to a game in the first place? Unless you consider Second Life platform is a type of game, then maybe... you need to reconsider your opinion of what a real MMO game is all about. 

Willow Danube wrote:

Hmmm
, the answer is simple...
if
someone gets a nerd rage attack over what someone is thinking over a game, that person is seriously in love with particular game. And you Mr. Deja does not have a
tail's
end knowing who disagreed
first do
you? 

I came in to say I'd vote for that lady for my reasons. 

I say I might not vote her because she does not reach her voters effectively. Why? Because WoW
itself
has plenty of children it it, compared to other MMOs.
Syo
, came in with unfounded anger telling me that I'm ignorant and mean...
over
me calling
a
MMO game what it is?

Which nerves did I hit on both of you? The fact that it is true that we have more children playing WoW compared to SWTOR? Or the facts that
Syo
is relating well with her inner child and you relating well with your bias-ness of one particular game? 

So what if Rift is a piece of crap, call me a fanboy/fangirl...
Bottom line
is, We're talking about a game and and a politician..
and
if she would be able to reach the
userbase
effectively as what other games will. The answer is this... NO. Where in my previous comments (if you had read it at all) saying WoW is a piece of crap? Obviously
Syo
did (in her own misconstrued preconception about my comments) and you with your one-sided conclusion.

And, Fanboy/Fangirl actually does have a nice ring to it. You want to take it as an insult, then be it. Ask me if I care? 

Well first, I'm a Mrs...not a Mr. :)  Second....I would call hardly anything I've seen so far in this thread nerd raging. Again...just because it's a discussion and people disagree, doesn't make it nerd raging. If it were, you would be quite guilty of that yourself, but I don't think anyone has crossed that line quite yet. And who cares who was first? Were you not the one that said people in WoW act like 5 year olds, yet you want to play the "he did it first card"?  As for her calling you ignorant and mean...that's her opinion not mine. I wasn't disagreeing with anything either of you said...all I was getting at was the overuse of insults and MUCH overuse of the word "fanboy" which is what anyone in gaming seems to call anyone else who disagrees with their likes and dislikes of video games. If I were to disagree with you on anything at all it would simply because to not blanket statements like "the fact is that we have more children playing wow..."...unless of course you work at Blizzard and know their demographics, you can't really say that's fact can you? And I didn't call you a fanboy for liking Rift in fact I specifically was making a point that you liking Rift and my not liking Rift DOES NOT make you a fanboy. You have completely missed the point of the post I made. Not even sure you read the whole thing but oh well. You haven't hit a nerve with me at all, people I don't know, don't really get under my nerves...i was simply making a statement about insulting people, that's all.

Like i said as far as the actual OP, I would totally vote for her. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.