which secondlife viewer better for 1gb computer

Shaee Allen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

512MB? Thats less than any USB Stick has today....I'm confused....what type of computer is that?

To give you a good answer we need more information of your system. What grapiccard, what operationsystem, memoryspace and so on. In general, I can highly suggest to use a pc that you can run games and other grapic programs on. A typical office pc usualy can't catch up with SL, because its not made for that.

• Like 1

With only 512 MB of RAM about the only hope for a viewer that might work would be a viewer based on the very old viewer 1.23 code (and that list of TPV's is getting very short since the 1.23 code base is so old and outdated).  You would not able to see mesh content (which is going to impact your enjoyment of SL tremendously as time goes on when mesh gains popularity for content in SL........Zoooby Babies are probably mesh or they will soon be mesh).

You said 1 GB in your title but you said 512 MB (1.2 GB) in your thread text.  I'm basing my answer on the text of your thread.  A computer with only 512 MB is almost guaranteed to be a very old computer which says the computer cannot be upgraded to hardware capable of displaying the graphics that are necessary to SL.  A 1 GB system might be upgradable..........but if the system was sold with only 512 MB when you bought it then I seriously doubt it.  You need to replace that computer with a better one.

• Like 1

I have a seven year old notebook that will run Singularity on the LOW graphic setting. I am not sure of the memory but it wasn't a fancy graphics computer, just a business one with an integrated graphics card. So I would give Sigularity a try. As far as I know it is the easiest available on systems.

Based on 1.23 and missing lots of things I use everyday on Firestorm *wink* I was still glad to have it the other day when my power supply on my desktop blew out. So give it a try. It is mesh capable which is a big help. You may get a message when you log in saying that your computer isn't up to the minimum requirements. I do. But it still works fine. Ugly, not clear, no shadows ---- but fine LOL.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.