Marketplace and BS Flagging

Tiff Renfold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I know of at least one other creator that is dealing with the same issue...

Everyday this week I have logged onto my marketplace to find 40+ items flagged for supposedly being listed in the wrong category however they are in fact women's outfits listed as women's outfits... not sure how that could be wrong.

I am afraid this may be the result of a angry individual with far to much time on said hands however I am hoping not so.....

Is this a known issue?  Is anyone else having this trouble?

And if it is just mass false reporting... is LL not even looking into the items reported to verify the report to be true or false or is it just being assumed to be true since so many are flagged at a time?

I do know it is frustrating since on top of this issue I am one of the lucky ones whose merchant outbox is broken so I have to rely on the old magic boxes.

Tiff Renfold wrote:

I have logged onto my marketplace to find 40+ items flagged for supposedly being listed in the wrong category however they are in fact women's outfits listed as women's outfits... not sure how that could be wrong.

Maybe they thought those items should fall under a more suitable subcategory:

Women's Maternity

Women's Business Attire

Women's Catsuits

Women's Skirt Outfits

Women's Pants Outfits

Women's Jeans Outfits

Women's Shorts Outfits

Women's Mix & Match Clothing Ensembles

Women's Neko Outfits

Women's Western Outfits

Anyway file a support case and ask them which category you should put them in. https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Yep I reckon thats the reason ^^^^

From the Second Life Marketplace Fee and Listing Policies....

Use the following guidelines to decide which categories to apply your items to:

• Select the most specific category that is appropriate for the item.

• Do not post items in the "Root" categories such as Apparel, Home & Garden, etc. unless you absolutely cannot find an applicable sub-category that applies.
  • Do not create multiple listings of the same item. (See also Item Spam below.)

Listings in the wrong or inappropriate category may be removed to avoid confusion.

Examples

Item: Sailboat

Acceptable Category: Vehicles -> Water Vehicles -> Boats

Unacceptable Category: Vehicles -> Water Vehicles

Item: Set of 14 Couples Animations

Acceptable Category: Animations -> Animation Bundles or Animations -> Couples Animations

Unacceptable Category: Animations

As a script maker and partner only of shops I do not deal with  listing aspect of MP any more,I rather run the risk of being paid on a honest john system then deal with MP and the sites  issues these days.

I do only shop on MP and a big user of the site and in no form would I speak critical on the service ,I just find it cumbersome to deal with.

I can also say I did read the directions and always make sure not to use a root directory for catagory but have found compeditors and noobs who do not read note cards or whole listing information ,they  go right on the defensive claiming it is not what  it s was listed as and flag it or make silly review comments .

i agree the Flagging on marketplace is out of control, im guessing that lindens dont bother usually checking when an item is flagged they just let it get taken down to get through there list of flagged to check for the day that would be my guess.

The current system is flawed by default anyways as what category and maturity ratings are subjective to difrent individuals in difrent countries and age groups,

ive had tshirts flaged as adult one was a regular tshirt with a heart on it,aperantly love is adult rated now becouse they took my item down for it.

had another one that said "drama queen" same thing flagged and removed for adult. aparently someone took drama queen personal and flagged it as adult.

In my other store i had full perm mesh railings for sale in the catagory "building componants/railings" flagged as wrong catagory along with about 12 other items,i can only guess someone felt they were cutting into there full perm sculpies or something.

all i know is that linden is not going to acualy take the time to properly filter out and check these bad flaggings and block the abusing ofendor they need to just remove the whole flagging system untill they can properly handle it.

as of now pretty much any item in marketplace could fall into more then one catagory so someone could always claim its in the wrong one.

For that aspect of The Marketplace to function efficiently L.L. would have to hire five more employees for the flagging section and fire five employees from their beloved ministry of propaganda P.R. department to keep the overhead expenses where they want them, and that will never happen because they see The Marketplace's success as being S.L.'s inevitable failure ;-)

I've just recently experienced this. 

I have had to redo my entire MP store due to someone flagging my items. In doing that, I have had to alter my in-world store (which has been taking days to modify demo-rezzers etc.) as well to reflect these changes.  As my homes feature adult animations I now have had to redo and repackage each home with a (pg) version bed so that the homes remain available to all consumers.  I understand that it was my oversight when initially setting up the items and I should have done this from the beginning- but the pictures don't display anything explicit and it seems a bit far fetched to have to list homes under the same category as genital enhancements.

I also know that veteran competitors, whose products already monopolize the majority of our list section, have been listing and still do list homes with adult beds, under the mature/general categories. They have for years.  I'm not speaking poorly on behalf of competitors, after all, there are enough people in SL that every merchant should be able to share a bit of the population but what is fair for one should be fair and enforced for all.  They need an upgraded system with more categories - and if someone should be flagging items, it should be someone in relation to LL vs. disgruntal consumers or competitors or alts thereof.

-Ev

'I also know that veteran competitors, whose products already monopolize the majority of our list section, have been listing and still do list homes with adult beds, under the mature/general categories. They have for years'.

No doubt the larger merchants (the ones that have quit their day jobs) will be given more time analysis for flagging results than the smaller merchants. It has always seemed to me that L.L. plays favorites with the merchants that make more money for them.

• 3 years later...

Sometimes it really is bs, indeed.. I had a item called "Moon Elixir - Coven - 15 - Maitreya - Shirt - White" under "blouse" and someone flagged it..tell me that this item is not a blouse.. unless the dummy that is flagging stuff does not know the definition of what a blouse is..This is just an example of some of the things i have to take the time to look into to make sure that there isnt a better catagory and reposting but its really time consuming if that person has a vendeta against you for some reason or maybe just too much time on her/his hands and flags 20-30 things on your mp.. I'm not sure of how they verify if it is a legit flag or not or even if they do check them.. I dont have a problem with taking a flag if i legit posted something incorrectly but maybe the person flagging should have to give an example of the catagory they think is a bitter fit! 

It might be that the item is more of a tube top than a classic blouse, and so, should go into the Women's Tops -> Women's Tube Tops section rather than Women's Blouses. 

Edited:

When the phrase "Moon Elixir - Coven - 15 - Maitreya - Shirt - White" is searched, there are 9 results.  7 are for the white blouse, 1 is for a full set, and 1 (yours) is for the Shirt, but shows a picture for a Scythia gacha. The only thing on that gacha picture that is close to a blouse is a bandeau top.  Maybe it's just that the listing has the wrong picture?  If it is the same white blouse that the other resellers are selling, then it is clearly a blouse as you've said.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.