I am new , I would like to know if I could some how get some free SL$ so I don't look like a noob.

JesseJayDee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

There's almost no such thing as "free" money.  You can get some tiny amounts of money by entering contests in clubs, or by sitting on camping chairs (if you can find any), and you can earn some money by playing games like Linden Realms, but you won't get very rich that way.  The absolute best way to get money in SL is to buy it.  Go to the Lindex and buy, say, $10 worth.  That will be about L$2,500 at the current exchange rate.  That much money will go a long way in SL, and all you'll have to do is give up your lunch money in RL for a day. 

Once you have been in SL for a while and have developed some marketable skills, you might think about being a content creator (a builder, scripter, animator, or texture artist), or maybe a performer of some kind (musician, dancer, DJ).  You still won't earn as much as you could by doing the same jobs in RL, but it's a fun way to spend time in SL and it can easily earn you enough L$ to live on while you are in world.  Here are some other ideas >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Guide_to_Jobs_in_Second_Life

You do not need money. You can get everything for free. Many places offer free gifts as promotions. Please look for Second Life freebies or Second Life hunts using Google. Be picky, not all freebies are good quality, but many are. Also, if you are new, you may want to look up Second Life under 30 days, several places offer complete starter packages.

Generally speaking, you can't get "free $L".  But here are some minor exceptions to that, and other ways you can avoid the "noob look".

1.  Play Linden Realms.  In this game, you collect crystals and you can exchange them for $L.  However, the amount is quite small.

2.  Seek out money trees.  These can be "harvested" for small amounts of $L by people less than 30 days old.

3.  Look for Lucky Chairs and Midnight Mania boards.  These are two ways to obtain free prizes, and many merchants offer them as an incentive to visit their stores.

4.  Go to freebie stores.  Do a Search on "freebies" and you'll find a ton of places to get free items, many of them of good to excellent quality

5.  Buy some $L.  You can get about $L5,000 for $20 USD, simply by buying them with a credit card or a verfied PayPal account.  This is the route I recommend.  Acquiring $L by looking for prizes, or getting a low paying job, just takes more hours than it's worth.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.