Review notification feature was removed?

Voodoo Schnyder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well i closed my store for some months, and then I reuploaded everything on the new marketplace after the reopen it and i never got notifications of that again, I used to get notifications of the reviews and be able to disable the notifications of sales I get, its sad that you're trying to tell me that a old version of the marketplace was better than what we have now

Voodoo Schnyder wrote:

well i closed my store for some months, and then I reuploaded everything on the new marketplace after the reopen it and i never got notifications of that again, I used to get notifications of the reviews and be able to disable the notifications of sales I get, its sad that you're trying to tell me that a old version of the marketplace was better than what we have now

No, there is no "old version of Marketplace".  There was xstreetsl which had one set of features.  Now there's a different product called marketplace with different features.

They're not the same.

Umm, the only difference is that linden labs bought the system from onrez and changed its name, redirecting the old url to the actual, if they are not the same I wouldnt be able to migrate my items from xstreetsl to marketplace

why they removed this feature and kept useless things like sales tracker is beyond my understanding, anyway i guess the question is answered.

Voodoo Schnyder wrote:

Umm, the only difference is that linden labs bought the system from onrez and changed its name, redirecting the old url to the actual, if they are not the same I wouldnt be able to migrate my items from xstreetsl to marketplace

why they removed this feature and kept useless things like sales tracker is beyond my understanding, anyway i guess the question is answered.

No they didn't.

LL Bought both Onrez and SL Exchange/Xstreet SL.

They then shut down Onrez because it was failing and the owners had been trying to dump/sell off Onrez for over a year.

LL then built the MP using the Magic Boxes from XStreet as the way to send items in world.

Because the Magic Boxes code and set up was being used, they migrated the items from SLX/Xstreet to the new Marketplace trying to save us time so that we didnt have to do it ourselves.

In order to ditch the left over SLX/Xstreet stuff they have to get rid of the boxes. So now we got Direct Delivery.

I dont see how that answers any of the topic of the thread, I had the opportunity to deal with Onrez much later after they sold the xstreetsl and they were still had building services in SL and other services in other virtual worlds

Saying that LL rebuilt an whole system from scratch that was already build when they could just modify it... i dont know what that is, but if you want to make a competition out of here go ahead, just do it without me cause i have better things to do, that wasnt even the point of this thread

Voodoo Schnyder wrote:

I dont see how that answers any of the topic of the thread, I had the opportunity to deal with Onrez much later after they sold the xstreetsl and they were still had building services in SL and other services in other virtual worlds

Saying that LL rebuilt an whole system from scratch that was already build when they could just modify it... i dont know what that is, but if you want to make a competition out of here go ahead, just do it without me cause i have better things to do, that wasnt even the point of this thread

It is pertinent to your baseless arguement.

You asked why something was removed. It wasn't removed, it was never there to begin with, as others have pointed out.

You then laid a claim that LL changed Onrez into Xstreet and then the MKT, which they didn't.

If the Marketplace wasn't built from scratch, then explain why the Xstreet SL web site still exists, and you can still log into it, and we still get emails from it?

It is because it still exists. They just hid all of the products so no one could see them on that site. That is why the Magic Boxes work.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Is it a full moon already?

Has it ever
when it comes to SLM questions/gripes/confusion/bewilderment/wtf's?

Good point.  If you haven't been in world today, it's lots of "fun."  Went to a friend's sim to see new build for an upcoming holiday - could only see a bit of the ground and 2 people, although others were there.  I then made the mistake of trying to walk, flew (without pushing the fly button) - "rubberbanded" all around the sim - and then landed back where I began but looking at the blue screen of death.  Could not see anyone, including myself.

Others in group chat elsewhere were reporting all kinds of wierdness.  Rolling restarts today...fun. :/

And welcome back, Darrius...missed you. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.