My avatar is floating a few inches above ground

Robin23 Dagostino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had noticed some odd quality to the movements of my avatar and today I looked closely. My avatar is wearing heels and I noticed that the sole of the shoe (at the toes, the lowest part) is kind of floating a few inches above the ground, more or less the same height there is from the front part of the foot to the heel, what in RL would be about 3-4".

Is there any way to remedy that? it is such a shame to see such beautiful shoes floating above the ground.

Again, if they're shoes with prim feet, you might be able to either edit the foot shaper (the "red sneaker" wearable) or wear one from a different pair of shoes. With prim/mesh feet all the foot shaper really does is control how high a heel/shoe your avatar is expected to wear. If that doesn't work and you always wear these shoes some third-party viewers allow you to adjust the Z offset (how high above the ground your avatar is.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am still having problems with this and find it unnerving to see my avatar walking in the air. According to my shape, my avatar is 2.01 meters tall which is about the same as all other avatars I see around.

Even when walking BAREFOOT I see that the sole of the feet is a few inches above the ground. You can see from the snapshot below what I mean, my foot sole is about an ankle's height above the ground so when I walk (everywhere) I walk in the air. How can I fix this?

LegShort_001.jpg

• 1 year later...

you all will want to check your shapes, in the first section, and see where the "Hover" slider is set. normally it should be on 50 unless you wanted to float or sink, but a widespread viewer bug can make this slider wander with any shape edits. if it's not on 50, push it there, save, then open it again to make sure it took.

it could look a little off even after resetting, jump a couple of times to let your feet resettle.

• 4 weeks later...

here's the answer you need :

If you are using the Firestorm viewer, the answer is easy.   Just use the Height Offset slider in your Quick Preferences menu.  If you are using another viewer, you can do the same thing by adjusting the AvatarZOffset debug setting in  Advanced (CTRL+Alt+D) >>> Debug Settings.  You'll probably get frustrated, though, because you'll probably only need the Z-offset in a few sims, so you'll need to keep adjusting it in those few places where you need it.

Hmm i just looked it up but this option is no longer in firestorm :(

the only solution is to wear them shoe attachments and experiment till you get to the right height

DjSteveOhh wrote:

here's the answer you need :

If you are using the Firestorm viewer, the answer is easy.   Just use the 
Height Offset

slider in your 
Quick Preferences
 menu.  If you are using another viewer, you can do the same thing by adjusting the 

debug setting in  
Advanced
 (CTRL+Alt+D) >>> 
Debug Settings
.  You'll probably get frustrated, though, because you'll probably only need the Z-offset in a few sims, so you'll need to keep adjusting it in those few places where you need it.

Hmm i just looked it up but this option is no longer in firestorm
:(

the only solution is to wear them shoe attachments and experiment till you get to the right height

That's because with Server Side Appearance LL changed the way the offset now works.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_height_offset

More info here and here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.