Mega Prim Friendly Sandbox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey does anyone know any sandboxes that are okay with prims bigger than 10x10x10 :matte-motes-whistle:?  Maybe one that okay with 40 or 50x50x50 :matte-motes-little-laugh:. I'm working on a club and need to use bigger prims to reduce the numbers of prims I use.

If you're getting complints about using megaprims, I suspect it's because you are hogging the area at ground level.  Build in the sky, where you don't block other people or their view.  Rez a small prim (maybe 2m x 2m) and ride it up to 800m. Then either stretch that prim to mega-size or rez a new megaprim on it and start building.

I had megaprims at the IBM sandbox...I think. Skids prims to. Ask! I don't think I asked at IBM for some reason, but at skids I just asked. I bet more would allow it. I was wanting to work on a 256x256. Unfortunatly skids had stores and such around and it stopped me from working. Plus, I need a packing solution and scripts to unpack it all and work again until done. But, yeah....if you ask and find one that doesn't have issues with surrounding or other plots of teh sim stopping you from rezzing or placing you will usually end up way up in the air with a packing nightmare or running scripts to pack and unpack that might make them say no!

I heard LL would move a build from the beta grid. It is not so busy there. You may also be able to save/export using a third party viewer that allows back up, but still need a big sim to use to get it all done properly and packed with it's scripts.

I also asked if anyone wanted a track for free in exchange for the sim usage, no response. The rental option is the next one, and obviously building the parts on beta grid and then saving them makes money sense with this option.

But, ask! Skids said fine, IBM didn't mind. But, the scritps are maybe an issue. Also, you might offer to work with phntom prims, this way you are not blocking people flying up to build!

No, it's not the sandbox size I'm talking about. All the sandboxes I've found they don't want mega prims because grievers (which I'm not). You can rez or make a mega, but it's only matter of minutes till someone IMs you saying to get rid of it.

It's no because I'm using up a lot of space, it's just the sim rules. All of the sandboxes I've been to say no mega prims, and these are freaking BIG sandboxes! 

I have done that though. Moving object really high in the air, but someone ALWAYS find out =_= one way or another

Oh no! I don't use mega prims with those scripts to make them bigger. I just rez the neutral prim and stretch it out, like for a floor. Hmm guess I'll check out IBM and Skids. * goes to take a peak*

That's...not a bad idea! :D making them phantom lol Thanks

Most of Linden Lab's public sandboxes has no rules against megaprims
If someone tells you to stop using them in one of those sandboxes it is their problem
They can file an abuse report and LL can take your prims down if they find them offensive, but no other resident can order you not to use megaprims

• 3 weeks later...

With most of the useful sizes readily creatable, what constitutes a mega prim these days?

IF all you are doing is making a prim with your viewer, that's not a true mega prim, so any sandbox that nitpicked about such things would be permanently off my list of viable places.

Public sandboxes are a complete pain due to petulant post-pubescent children and/or griefers, and the deliberate script & prim litter.

The worst experiences of my second life have been realized in such places.

I haven't set foot in one for over two years.

Despite that, you can still usually climb to an elevation of 2-3K meters and find enough open space to work undisturbed.

The only person giving you any lip should have the surname Linden.

Many of the long-standing reputable merchants have their own build space for members.

Have you tried places like the Builders Brewery area or Little Blue Fermi?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.