location where I can upload

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, my name is ashentaey

I am looking for a private land can be as simple as a few pieces of stone where I can go to in private where I can upload my meshes while working in isolation.

Can I find such things on marketplace or does anyone know a good place?

Kind regards,

Ash 

If your premium you can go to one of the "premium only sandboxes" which are pretty quiet I believe.

Otherwise you could rez a platform high in the sky over any available sandbox on the grid for some 'private' and 'undisturbed' uploading and/or building. 

Not trying to be rude, but if your thinking of land in terms of "as simple as a few pieces of stone" you may want to spend some time learning how SL works specialy if your looking to upload mesh to sell.   Theres a lot of great looking mesh on the makretplace that is useless in SL due to high land impact.   All so if your looking to buy or rent land, to set up a private sand box understanding how land works in SL can save you from making expensive mistakes.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Help/Land

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Prims-Prim-Equivalent-Land-Impact-a-too-long-guide/td-p/1293579

your welcome, that info may be a bit out of date and may be changing any day now see the releace notes for  Second Life RC Magnum twords the end, all though I think that just appalys to regular prims.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2012-07-23/td-p/1611077

If you are looking for land of your own you can find it on the market place here

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=468

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=467

or by using search in world or by looking on the large area map in world for land for sale normaly showen in yellow and/or having a $ sign. depending on how far your zoomed out.

Aditi (a.k.a, the preview or beta grid) is kind of like Vegas.  What happens in Aditi stays in Aditi.  It's a good place to go to upload meshes to see how they'll look in-world and check the land impact.  However, you won't be able to sell those meshes on the Marketplace (there's a beta marketplace, but that's not going to help you).

In order to sell on the Marketplace, you'll have to log into Agni (a.k.a., the main grid).  Then you can upload it, texture it, script it, set it's permissions, and do whatever else you need to do it.  Once it's ready, you can place it for sale on the Marketplace by following the Merchant Help Wiki:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193

If you need a place to rez your mesh, you can go to a public sandbox.  Bring up the Second Life Search window by clicking the magnifying glass icon or by pressing Ctrl-F.  Type “public sandbox” (without the quotes), select Places from the dropdown, and then click the Search button.  You should be able to use any of the top entries listed.

I'm not sure what you mean by “I have bought a rented land and it says it is delivered in my objects folder”.  Can you elaborate on this?

I hope when I log in into the place you say I won't be seeing that 'prohibited" to build icon?

bc that is the problem I run into - everywhere that I go. I can hardly texture it if I am forced to attach my object to myself just so i can texture it.

I hit big frustration by now  just bc i cannot find any place where there is permission to build - is that permission live on that place or in the public sandboxes?

gr Ash

I bought a "rented" land and its confirmed delivered to the objects folder so it says but i cannot find it anywhere  i see a lot of things have no idea where it should be 

Sorry to hear about your frustrations finding a place to build.  Please understand there are sandboxes you can go to which will allow you to build.  We just have to get you there.  You won't be able to live there.  Sandboxes are intended to let people build and then take their stuff when their done – not to be lived on.  If you don't take your objects yourself, they'll eventually be automatically returned.

The Destination Guide also has sandboxes.  Because I have my own land to build on, I'm not familiar with a good public sandbox.  However, I know the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives is a long established place in SL and it has a G-rated sandbox:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Natoma/210/164/27

If you need an M or A-rated sandbox, those can be found too.

Although I don't have much experience renting land, I believe it involves either paying a rental box which then opens the land to you or, if on a private estate, you right-click the ground and “buy” it.  The land isn't given to you as an object; it's just made available to you.  I suppose it's possible you were given some sort of resource kit when renting, but that's not the land itself.

Do you remember where you were when you rented the land?  Do you remember the name of the region and can you get back there?  Do you know who you rented the land from?

Yes thank you :) Yes I know where I rented it and I kinda understood that progress of a box but I will pm the owner of it.

A sandbox sounds perfect I do not need a place to live. I just log in occasionally to create. Thank you for all the help I am sure I [with your excellent help anyone ] get to where I need to go. I will try to figure out the sandbox places tonight.

gr Ash 

To find a sandbox, open your Search tool in world or go to search.secondlife.com , type in the keyword "sandbox", and select Places.  You'll get a half zillion hits.  Go for the less popular ones that are farther down the list.  They are less likely to have annoying pranksters in them and more likely to have enough room to spread out if you need to.  Always check to see what the local rules are (maturity rating, prim allowance, time limit, etc.).  Get in the habit of taking a backup copy every few minutes just in case something screws up.

If you rented land, you were either on the parcel when you rented it (in which case you know where it is) or you received a notecard that tells you where it is.  Before you rented, I assume that you bothered to check the covenant  for the sim (if there is a covenant) to see whether there are use restrictions.  Some private lndowners do not allow commercial activity, for example, or they prohibit ban lines.  If you have rented, then you have paid a rental fee -- nobody lets you use land without paying for it first -- and you should have heard from the landlord regarding membership in a land group so that you have appropriate permissions to build on the land.  Check here for more tips about renting land in SL >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Renting-land-from-other-Residents/ta-p/1420695

Thanks :) I have found a place that is perfectly solved thank you! :) I have tested out my beach pier. The model and textures loaded just fine it just was too small even though i used avatar references.

I also could not walk onto my pier [ is that collision settings I have to add manually or by script? :) ] I cannot yet do that I will just start small making housing decoration.  

There are yet still much things for me to learn but I guess it is gonna be solved al.

Thank you! 

Another alternative is to maybe rent yourself a small piece of land, it is typically L$400 per week and that gives around 230 prims and a 32 by 32 meter land. Prices vary and are cheaper on mainland (a;tho the shape of a piece of mainland tends to vary and be sometimes REALawkward on all 3 dimentions). That way you could set up security and not have to "take" in your projects each time you log off.

If you go that route I would recommend IOP (Island Oasis Priperties) cause you have decent rights there and good customer support. They have a lot of sims they section out for rent.

Some would say renting land when there are sandboxes is silly but I still think it is a good investment if you are a serious builder and NEED your privacy and space. That way you don't get the noobs trying to "pwn" or whatever. Be like having your own personal laboratory in world.

With the beta grid - I don't think those are moderated at all so if you go there and find yourself in the pits of particle hell, be not shocked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.