Suggestion: Account Status Badge for Premium Accounts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Oh for goodness sakes! I've just written 3 replies to a very old thread that was brought back to life with an empty post!

Hrmph!

Ermm.gif  sSig_aaarggh.gif  OMG, what did you do Phil!  You deserve a spanking.  Hammer-head.gif

:smileytongue:  :smileyvery-happy:

Being a superannuated SL resident, I feel it only appropriate that I respond to this almost-as-mouldy-as-me thread.

Yeah, not a good idea. We don't need more elitism, or more excuses to exclude other people than we already have. And the fact is that a great many non-premium residents enrich our experience of SL in all sorts of ways, even aside from their contributions to the SL economy in other ways.

Although, to be honest, I'm surprised that LL hasn't done more to distinguish premium residents from "free" ones, as it would seem to make sense, from a purely financial perspective, to make premium accounts more "attractive," even if only because it gives one bragging rights (of a sort).

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Being a superannuated SL resident, I feel it only appropriate that I respond to this almost-as-mouldy-as-me thread.

Yeah, not a good idea. We don't need more elitism, or more excuses to exclude other people than we already have. And the fact is that a great many non-premium residents enrich our experience of SL in all sorts of ways, even aside from their contributions to the SL economy in other ways.

Although, to be honest, I'm surprised that LL hasn't done more to distinguish premium residents from "free" ones, as it would seem to make sense, from a purely financial perspective, to make premium accounts more "attractive," even if only because it gives one bragging rights (of a sort).

I gave up my bragging rights the day I succumbed to that $1,000L and 50% off bribe.

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

I gave up my bragging rights the day I succumbed to that $1,000L and 50% off bribe.

We'd have half-a-badge for discount residents. And for really short ones.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Does it come with a secret decoder ring?

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Half a ring, for obvious reasons.

Which of course is a problem, because it won't stay on your finger.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

That, as with so many things in life, depends on how you slice it.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

That, as with so many things in life, depends on how you slice it.

But if you bring two halves together and join them, there is a flash of lightning, a great shaking of the earth, the veil of the temple is rent is twain, and you are instantly re-rezzed as Torley.

So it's all worthwhile, really.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

But if you bring two halves together and join them, there is a flash of lightning, a great shaking of the earth, the veil of the temple is rent is twain, and you are instantly re-rezzed as Torley.

You've never been married, have you?

Well, not in the technical "To love, honour, and obey" sense, no.

That's probably a good thing, as my partner might object to suddenly finding himself hitched to a watermelon-complexioned blonde with a propensity for giggling.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

That's probably a good thing, as my partner might object to suddenly finding himself hitched to a watermelon-complexioned blonde with a propensity for giggling.

When I got engaged, Dad advised my ex-hubby to pre-emptively strike "obey" from the vows and to temper his expectations for honour. He also paid my ex a sum of money to be returned in the event I was returned. A decade later, he wished he'd cut a bigger check.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

When I got engaged, Dad advised my ex-hubby to pre-emptively strike "obey" from the vows and to temper his expectations for honour. He also paid my ex a sum of money to be returned in the event I was returned. A decade later, he wished he'd cut a bigger check.

I'd make sure I was stamped "No Deposit. No return." 

No point in asking for trouble.

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Oh for goodness sakes! I've just written 3 replies to a very old thread that was brought back to life with an empty post!

Hrmph!

Ermm.gif

sSig_aaarggh.gif
  OMG, what did you do Phil!  You deserve a spanking. 
Hammer-head.gif

You're right, Coby. I'm so ashamed that I feel it would be wrong to let me get off without that punishment. Your place or mine? :)

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

LOL.You Martians have you brains in your wallets. We Earthmen have much more decorum than that. Our brains are located somewhere else but, like you, it's not in our heads.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Hrmph!

Ermm.gif

sSig_aaarggh.gif
  OMG, what did you do Phil!  You deserve a spanking. 
Hammer-head.gif

You're right, Coby. I'm so ashamed that I feel it would be wrong to let me get off without that punishment. Your place or mine?
:)

I'll leave it to this symbolic spanking in the forum. But for this time only. :matte-motes-evil-invert: :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.