Locked out of my house

Dominic33

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello..........Last night I locked all my doors to my house....i left to go to a different place.....I just went to my house....and Im outside of my house....and now I cant get into my house...because it says....the doors are locked....everytime i want to TP....to my house...Im TP...outside ....can ayone help....please.....TY

6 answers to this question

To add to the previous excellent answers, here are specific instructions for how to move your camera.

Hit ESC a few times to be sure your main user interface window "has the focus"...that is, your cursor is not in a chat or IM window.

Hold down the ALT key, and the left mouse button.  Move your mouse to move your camera.

When you hold down your left mouse button with this technique, it causes your cursor to "grab on" to any object it's resting on.  Because of this, one person once described the process as being rather like "swinging on a web strand like Spiderman".

Indeed, moving the mouse sideways can swing your camera from one side of a wall to the other...and it is this which enables you to get your camera inside a locked room where you yourself cannot get.  Then, as the others point out, find something to right click and sit on (or double click teleport to a spot inside).  Presto, you're in!

If you "get lost" by camming in this fashion (you can get your camera a LONG way from you!), simply hit ESC to return the camera to its normal position above and behind your avatar.

Giggles at all the helpful answers.

Uh..... If I may ask - Do you have a Linden Home available to premium members?

If Yes then do the following to access your Control Panel next to the Front Entrance inside wall:

1) Walk up to the front Entrance and stand at the Left side of the door - Why will be revealed in a sec.

2) Next, hold down that alt key and press the right-arrow cursor key.

You'll notice that your view is revolving around a circle about 2m in front of you. As your view passes thru the wall you'll see the House Control Panel appearing. STOP!

3) Touch the control panel and unlock the doors from the normal menu access.

4) Proudly open the front door and walk in admiring your "Cat Burglar" techniques and wander over to the refrigerator and get a bottle of wine and open it

5) Invite us all over for a glass.

:catwink:

Would help if could give us more information on whether this is your house on a mainland parcel or whether it's a rented house on a private landlord's parcel. Also, when you try to teleport in, do you land outside the parcel on which the house stands or on the same parcel but outside the house. In other words, is a landlord preventing you from accessing the parcel/house for some reason?

If you have a Linden Home as suggested in one reply, locked doors cannot stop you accessing your home as Linden Home owners can open doors irrespective of whether they are locked or not and it definitely would not stop you teleporting inside.

So, if it is a Linden Home, you should contact Live Chat. At the moment, there could be issues with some Linden Homes as the Control Panel website is throwing up an error for me but I still don't see how this could stop you accessing the house but perhaps the issues are deeper.

Use Options > Edit to add more information to your original post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.