WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?? Suggestions??

Scarlet Chandler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone else have any suggestions of what I can do besides abandoning land.??  I paid over $L10L/m  Due to Real, I must take a break...I hate to just abandon this. 

I have marked down to $L1/m , listed here in Mainland Sales, sent out notecards...I just hate to abandond. This is  land that I know can be resold for much more....

Any suggestions...??

Edit your post on the "Parcels for Sale" forum to mention it's on Nautilus with easy access to Blake Sea. That might get some people interested. Also, large parcels tend to sell slowly. Bots won't bite at L$1/sqm either, they only bite on lower prices - no idea what todays' rate is.

Have you seen the amount of for sale land on mainland lately? Abandoned land now goes straight to sale @ 1.0L$ per meter, and they don't mark it up if it's on the Blake Sea, Bay City, or even one of the original oldest 12 SIMs on the grid. The land bots won't look at it unless it's priced at about 0.2L$ per meter and even at that price they no longer buy automatically.

No matter how wonderful the land... those who do "flip" mainland to attempt to make a profit won't touch it anymore if they don't feel anyone is willing to buy... and I just don't see people buying mainland anymore.

I hate to break the news to you, but if misery loves company I'll mention I'm also trapped with mainland that was once valuable and now can't be sold at any price. Including roadside and roadside snow parcels at 0.5L per meter (which haven't sold and I'm soon going to just abandon).

But of course that's Nautilus, **bleep**. As a Nautilian myself I should know. :matte-motes-nerdy: * edit: obviously the forum software doesn't like my to abbreviate your name, LOL

Nautilus is a mainland continent, not only that stupid and overpriced ancient island in between Blake Sea and Bingo Strait.

Sadly the land is not really of any notable value given where it is. Not double prim, and some messy looking builds judging by the map.

Nature of the builds to the north, east, and south imply you will end up short selling this at below market rate to a bot, or abandoning.

Consider the price you paid originally as something worth it if you were able to enjoy it for the time you did.

Is a shame that good land bought a few years ago for decent money is no longer valuable.  A friend of mine had to abandon her's recently.  Seems with all the LL Houses, ease of renting, and the down economy, land is just not what it use to be. Is no way you can really get your money back either from what you paid in a few years back.  Is rather sad to me.

Hope your RL resolves to your satisfaction and if leaving SL for a time, hope you return soon.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Consider the price you paid originally as something worth it if you were able to enjoy it for the time you did. 

That's the only sensible attitude these days. Most of us paid a fortune for land when we bought it, as compared to its value now. If it's provided an enjoyable passtime while it's been owned, then it was very worthwhile.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

Seems with all the LL Houses, ease of renting, and the down economy, land is just not what it use to be.

Land is more than it used to be.

I get more -enjoyment- from my land now than I ever have, and certainly more than I did when I first bought land in 2009.

By the Butan scale; its gone up. Happiness in my land has increased.

All a question of what you're getting your land for.

I keep the shop plot small - just under 1024 - but for play space, I have about 16,000m or so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.