And now for something positive about Marketplace

Six Igaly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ever since DD was introduced it seemed about no one was happy about that. Complaints and rants. Not that i doubted this though! Somehow i never experienced extreme differences myself. (Of course LOL, if it was bad and stays bad there is not much improvement as well!) I got what i bought ALL the time, and never i received a message about failed deliveries from any of my customers. And now, now i am just finished updating my MP store. Most of my items were still boxed until now! 

4 pages of items that i needed to update and just 2 errors. Strange ones though, saying: 'Sorry we kept you waiting' and a please continue shopping button. LOL

Well conclusion, all worked very well..my Store is total DD now. Without any pain. Thumbs up!

I when all DD on the first day, I've only had 3 small problems, 2 were mistakes I made setting it up.  All thou I'm happy with it, other merchants are still having some MAJOR problems that need to be fixed, an unstable market place isn't good for anyone even if your one of the lucky ones. 

I pretty much doubled my income when switching to DD, but when I say that in this forum I usually get branded "an agent of Linden Lab".

Last month things slowed down a little, probably because of summer. SL still has some issues I think and my sales have been following a sawtooth pattern for a while, where they ramp up and once they start getting really good, they fall through and then the grid goes ugly. Yesterday, sales were great, and today, there's a lot of problems going on.

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

I pretty much doubled my income when switching to DD, but when I say that in this forum I usually get branded "an agent of Linden Lab".

Last month things slowed down a little, probably because of summer. SL still has some issues I think and my sales have been following a sawtooth pattern for a while, where they ramp up and once they start getting really good, they fall through and then the grid goes ugly. Yesterday, sales were great, and today, there's a lot of problems going on.

Taking time to post to the forums is proof that your not an agent of Linden Lab. 

I always prefered to deliver my items unboxed meaning i wasn't able to send additional things like a notecard or a LM of the shop.

Now I am happy about DD because I can send additional informations without boxing.

Some customers have problems because naming of item is not visible and is different of the marketplace title (i have several language descriptions). It would be nice to have the name of the item visible. Sometimes it still happens, that they don't know of the receive folder. But there is seldom a case of failed delivery.

Another problem is the review: Why can't somebody just say how much stars he would give without writing a textual review?

And I would like to recognize if a user writes a review, because I may resolve a problem a customer had if I knew of his negative review.

Canis Canning wrote:

Another problem is the review: Why can't somebody just say how much stars he would give without writing a textual review?

And I would like to recognize if a user writes a review, because I may resolve a problem a customer had if I knew of his negative review.

You're contradicting yourself here. Unless people are forced to write a textual review you may never know why someone left you a 1 star rating. Therefore, how would you resolve the problem?

No, it's like saying you have two systems in place to get orders to UPS or FedEx or DHL or whatever, it doesn't matter what shipping company you use. Where I think everything is getting clogged up is (very abstractly) the part where the order goes from being placed by the customer to where the (theoretical) shop would say "Ok UPS/DHL/USPS/FedEx, here's what needs to be shipped!" I think it is somewhere between there, and it has nothing to do with DD or MBs anymore.

Looking at sales data, there is clearly something that changed. I think that if I am right about this, that there's two different systems for getting things from the customer to the delivery system, one for MB and one for DD. I'm guessing that my DD sales were awesome not because DD was working, but because I adopted DD very early and I probably had the whole system nearly to myself. I transfered basically the first day DD came out.

As more and more people switched to DD, my sales started to slow (although not as low as pre-DD levels). I'm starting to attribute this to the fact that the system that takes care of things bewteen the customer and DD is now clogged up and broken. I wouldn't be surprised if MBs were performing better than DD now if the majority of people have already switched to DD. As this drags on more and more, it seems like the whole system is starting to fall apart (mixed up listings, failing deliveries, etc) because LL doesn't give SLMP and the grid the computing resources it needs to stay healthy.

And I do think LL knows something is wrong and won't admit it. Look at this quote from CTL:

In addition to the above issues, there have been reports of Direct Delivery purchases silently being delivered and the Merchant not getting paid (the order is marked as “Failed”).

How does the order get marked as failed yet silently fails? I think someone said something they weren't supposed to.

And look how atomic the transaction process is (I am pretty sure you're the one who pointed it out). Do you honestly think LL was capable of using any of the existing MB code at all at any stage of the process? I wouldn't be surprised if the two code paths diverged as soon as someone pressed the order button.

Sorry Flea I think Sassy is right, its just a coincidence.  My sales also picked up significantly around that time but it had nothing to do with which items were DD and which where still in a MB.  Think about how it all happened.  LL really did no widespread information campaign to let users even know that DD existed.  Users shopping on Marketplace are not going to notice which method of delivery is being used.  As for the theory that DD was working more effecient, sorry, it was not really.  I shopped during that time period and you couldn't really tell a difference.  In fact, I know from customer complaints that items in DD were causing more issues because people didn't know about the new received items folders.  I got many a notecard complaining that items were not being delivered.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.