The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to go to this one Mexican restaurant when I traveled for work that made their own Salsa, and it was Salsa to die for.  I'd only get to that town every couple of weeks.

They didn't normally sell it but I talked them into selling me a jar.  Every time I'd go I'd by a new jar.

Then they  got a new cook who didn't know how to make Salsa.  I cried at the loss.

Store bought Salsa is a crime against humanity and I will agree that it has to be a crime against Chipmunks too.  And CHUNKY is the worst crime of all!

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Hmmm..... maybe I need to rethink the make-ur-own thing.  
It's hard living in the woods far from a good produce selection.

So burrow into Alvin's tunnel and take a cheekful of his.  He is rich and famous and probably has a chef whipping up a delicious salsa awaiting his return from the recording studio.  Hey Alvin!

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I used to go to this one Mexican restaurant when I traveled for work that made their own Salsa, and it was Salsa to die for.  I'd only get to that town every couple of weeks.

They didn't normally sell it but I talked them into selling me a jar.  Every time I'd go I'd by a new jar.

Then they  got a new cook who didn't know how to make Salsa.  I cried at the loss.

Store bought Salsa is a crime against humanity and I will agree that it has to be a crime against Chipmunks too.  And CHUNKY is the worst crime of all!

Hmmm..... maybe I need to rethink the make-ur-own thing.   It's hard living in the woods far from a good produce selection.

Perhaps you could band together with a few other Chipmunks and find a garden to raid.

I'd rather you got my tomatoes than the damned squirrels.  They just take a couple of bites and leave the rest of the tomato there to rot!  I am sure that you and your compadres would take the whole tomato and not leave anything to waste.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Hmmm..... maybe I need to rethink the make-ur-own thing.  
It's hard living in the woods far from a good produce selection.

So burrow into Alvin's tunnel and take a cheekful of his.  He is rich and famous and probably has a chef whipping up a delicious salsa awaiting his return from the recording studio.  Hey Alvin!

Sorry to say Alvin and I are not on speaking terms.  (chipmunk drama)

:|

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Hmmm..... maybe I need to rethink the make-ur-own thing.   It's hard living in the woods far from a good produce selection.

Perhaps you could band together with a few other Chipmunks and find a garden to raid.

I'd rather you got my tomatoes than the damned squirrels.  They just take a couple of bites and leave the rest of the tomato there to rot!  I am sure that you and your compadres would take the whole tomato and not leave anything to waste.

I hear you.  I think a lot of that comes from 'bird feeder addiction.'   It leads to poor eating habits (among other problems.)

It is not my nature to bear ill will toward any, but sometimes I envision them writhing in pain from constipation.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I know sometimes things are trending.

Marketing types love to sell things they call "NEW!!!!"

Things tend to go in cycles - so what goes around comes around.

So I'm wondering today....

How long do I have to wait?

for THICK & CHUNK SALSA

to stop trending, no longer be "NEW", cycle away &

let me have my fav ORIGINAL FORMULA SALSA again?????

Where I live u can't buy a normal salsa now.  It's all T&C stuff.

I mean I'm really getting tired of dumping the salsa out of the jar, blending it for 3 seconds and then putting it back in the jar.  It's not totally sanitary for sure.  Also - there's the clean up.

Don't tell me to make my own.   Dats even more work.  I'm a lazy chipmunk when it comes to salsa.

Stop the T&C and give me my Orig.Formula

Dats my gripe of the day.

/ME SHOUTS AMEN!

Haha your gripe of the day was my personal gripe yesterday, when to my extreme displeasure, that stoopid store didn't have either my original mild or original medium salsa. Chunky salsa is evil, like another bad tex-mex invasion for the tasteless masses. Thankfully though, distribution is pretty good in this part of nowhere so I'm sure they'll get some in soon. I can live without salsa as there's a number of good canned Mexican imports I can substitute, but I promise the world will end in female fury the likes of which only God has seen if they quit carrying my real imported japanese wasabi. I eat that stuff on crackers like it was cheese-whiz.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

It is not my nature to bear ill will toward any, but
sometimes I envision
them writhing in pain from constipation.

Brother, you need to get out a little more often.  

A grand idea.  But instead of the Bar Crawl I was invited to tonight I will go on a Salsa Crawl!

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Yeah!  Watch out though.  Dats how it started with me.  First they sometimes didn't have the original mild.  Then mostly they didn't have the original mild and sometimes no original medium.  The pretty soon the 'getting some in soon' becomes 'getting some in never.'   I mean don't panic or anything.... aw go ahead, panic.  It's like a conspiracy or sumptin.

Damn Republicans with their ideas about an electric fence around the salsa section. They think it will keep the little rodents away, but it won't.  

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I mean don't panic or anything.... aw go ahead, panic.  It's like a conspiracy or sumptin.

I've seen it happen already to other items I love. Sooo... teach me that loud alert squeak you guys got and I'll go down to that store and let 'em hear about it :smileytongue:

Happened to me many times that something i like, the production or selling ceases, too many times already... :(

I wish you luck with your salsa! Maybe you could order it or similar one somewhere in the net, or make your own... it's always a good option.

Sorry to say this, but I have an inside scoop - no pun intended - on the chucky salsa gripe. Actually, this applies to any "chucky" gripe...

Most products that have become "chunky" are done as a cost cutting measure. Chucky foods take up more space than non-chunky so filling up a jar with chunky litterally uses less ingredients. Less ingrediants means less cost but same sized packaging. The next time you find both a chunky and non-chunky version, look at their weight (not volumn) and you will see.

This is actually happening to a LOT of foods in the USA where companies are playing several slight-of-hand tricks by keeping prices and packages the same but putting less food in them. It ranges from candy to salsa, and the candy one is my gripe! I used to be able to buy a bag of Kit-kats that had the full-sized two-bar snacks. Now they have "snack sized" where the bars are shorter and there are less of them in the bag yet the price has not changed in several years. Chunky salsa I can blend but don't screw with my chocolate portions!

Sorry to say I think chunky, mini, snack-sized, etc. is all here to stay thanks to the great recession! I wish I had better news.... :(

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote
Ahah - I was thinking it was some kinda conspiracy.  That's probly why blue berries are getting bigger every year too.

They don't get bigger if you pick them up by yourself from the forest. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.