My ex keeps banning me from places, how do i stop it?

cordelia Horngold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all , my real life ex boyfriend , would play SL with me last year , and i stupidly helped him learn how to play SL.  Now he is on here this year and has a few Alts , and he keeps banning me from places. I went to a club the other week and i was banned , ( i mean i tp'ed there and couldnt get in, i didnt even speak to anyone to warrant getting banned ) ive been given no reason as to why im being banned , apart from im guesssing he goes to these places. As i havent been rude or anything how can these places  ban me ? He has also been spreading lies and gossip about me and has had his friends message me abuse, i feel cheated as ive been on SL almost 3 years , and longer than he has.  Ive had so many RL problems he has caused me , hes also married in RL ( which he lied about when i met him, said he was separated etc etc lies more lies zzzzzzzz ) and seems he has different alts for differentwomen on the game, which i find laughable.  Any help or advice on the banning etc would be appreciated guys , many thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

If you could not find any answers from your previous posts http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/My-stupid-ex-boyfriend-created-my-profile-on-Second-Life-and/m-p/1549077#M66239

Then i doubt anyone will come up with any new help since

You posted this question in about 4 other threads. Click on your name to see your posts so that you can answers peoples questions and your own posts

Your ex sounds like a real prize-winner - NOT!

The best advice I can give to you is to put him into the land of the non-existent. Of course you have history, but you want to enjoy your lives - Second and Real as much as possible now he is no longer a part of it. Or he shouldn't be a part of it, and if all he has to do is spread lies and rumours around about you, then he is obviously just suffering the aftermath of rejection, and you can help both him and yourself by doing the following:

1.   Find new places to hang out, and do not have any groups or picks visible on your profile that could lead anyone to you at these new places.

2.   When your ex or any of his friends/alts attempt to harrass you in any way, or engage you in conversation that suddenly makes you realise they have the ulterior motive of getting to you in some way because of your past with this person, say nothing more - nothing at all - mute/block them.

As time goes on for both of you, your lives will become totally separate, and you will enjoy your Second Life fully once again.

As for your ex creating alts with which to dupe women - just let him get on with it. You owe no one anything - including these strangers. And one day karma will get him back.

The best revenge you can have on anyone is to enjoy your life without them and be not bothered by anything they say or do. Rise about this my girl !

Good luck to you.

• Like 2

You could send a note to the club owners, explain that you and your ex are having a personal dispute, please don't believe the lies he tells about me, and can I please be un-banned at your club?

But...these are clubs HE likes to go to, yes?  And of course, it's your word against his.  If it were me, I wouldn't waste a second trying to untangle this.  There are tons of clubs in SL.  Go to another one.

Mute anyone, your ex, his alts, or his friends. who sends you abusive remarks.

By fretting about this, you're just playing his game.  Walk away, my dear, and don't look back.

When you say he bans you... that implies he has ownership in the land and the ability to ban you. He is within his right to do that. It is not a violation of the ToS. Hangout somewhere else.

If he is just talking to the club/land owners and convinencing them to ban you... that is different and very unlikely. He may talk, but I can't see him being overly successful. Most club owners know the game of revenge and usually will not play the Pawn in that game.

If you think he is making alts and doing things to get you banned, that too is unlikely. Regardless of what his alt's display name is, bans are by UUID. The land owner must pick the name from a list. The viewer then looks up that avatar's UUID to put in the ban list. It cannot be fooled by identincal or similar display names or even similar login names. So, it will be his alt's that get banned not you.

You may be getting banned for other reasons. There are still some anti-copybot tools around and you may have been falsely ID's by them. Ask the owner that has banned you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.