Cannot left click to sit (or get info) from objects previously able to do so

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since yesterday midday, I have been unable to left click to sit on pose balls, etc..  I have to right click, choose Sit Here to be able to sit.  I also have Meeroos and can no longer just left click to get their information in my HUD - again must righ click and choose Touch in order for this to work.  Since this is happening in both my SL and Firestorm viewers and I have made no changes to any settings, what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Tish

:smileyfrustrated:

Recommend that you check you're not wearing anything that could be using Left-Mouse for a control. Typically weapons, HUDs, etc can be scripted to intercept controls and not pass them to the viewer.

Try removing ALL attachments (including HUDs, AOs, meshes, anything that looks like an object in your 'Outfits' tab) and seeing if this behaviour persists. If that fixes it, reattach each in turn (perhaps save your current look as an outfit to make this easier) to see which attachment is causing it.

Good luck =]

also check your mouse connections..if you have a wire mouse..wiggle it around where it goes into the mouse and also make sure it's not loose where it connects to the  computer..

plus you can check your button settings on your system also..

if it's wireless ..maybe the batteries are low?

thats just some outside stuff that may not even be the reason..but always good to check anyways hehehe

Did you recently put up any large landscaping items, especially one of those "sim surrounds" that puts up scenery outside of the borders of your sim? In some cases they can interfere with left-clicking because you're technically "inside" of them even though they don't block  your movement. Large "phantom" prims like "sunlight" effects can cause similar problems.

Thanks for all the suggestions but no dice - after tryinig/checking your suggestions, it still doesn't work.  Funny that it is affecting both the SL viewer and Firestorm.. The only thing I have placed recently has no scripts in it at all and since I cannot do this at any location, I figured it must be some setting that changed.  The mystery continues......

Tish

try a different mouse, a completely different brand.

a few years ago I actually had a mouse driver conflict with SL and the only way I could get a certain brand of mice to work was to reverse the buttons in order to use it with one Viewer version.

i have since then met two other people who had mouse conflicts.

i know, sounds crazy, but this is Second Life we are talking about.

I doubt it is the mouse since 3 different computers are involved (including my laptop that has no mouse).  It also just started happening midday yesterday - no problem in the morning but by lunch time no left clicky to sit or read the Meeroos.  I will continue to investigate and if I find the problem, I will post again.

Tish

Okaaayyy - finally found out the problem.  I had placed a platform that had an invisiprim on it and had raised the invisiprim.  This was blocking the clicking - lowered it & VOILA - everything is back to normal.  Thanks for all the suggestions though - I really appreciated the help!

Tish

:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.