Temporary upload for mesh?

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phoenix had a temporary upload option for textures so we don't end up wasting tons of L for textures that don't work. Now I'm using Firestorm, is there an option for temporary uploads of mesh? The cost for uploading mesh is much larger than textures, don't want to spend thousands uploading stuff that will never work.

There is no way to upload mesh temporary

even uploading textures on Pheonix temporary is no longer possible due to a change in TOS ( you can still use local texturing tab )

To test your creation without spending 1 gazillion you can log in Second Life Beta Grid ( infos: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid ) Upload still cost something but you have unlimited amount of $L there. Take a look at the wiki for how to log and other infos

Zak Kozlov wrote:

There is no way to upload mesh temporary

even uploading textures on Pheonix temporary is no longer possible due to a change in TOS ( you can still use local texturing tab )

To test your creation without spending 1 gazillion you can log in Second Life Beta Grid ( infos:
) Upload still cost something but you have unlimited amount of $L there. Take a look at the wiki for how to log and other infos

So uploading to beta grid is essentially the same? I mean I don't really care if it's temporary or not, as long as there's no cost, since I want to see it worn on my avatar and determine if it actually works before paying to upload it.

Seems beta grid is down or something, leads to a "an error occurred, please check server log" when I click on the quiz for beta servers,  but no idea what this "server log" is as the SL status page doesn't mention anything about beta grids.

It says that on the beta grid avatars start with 50k L, and I assume all costs are the same on that grid. So what happens if L runs out on the beta grid? Any way to refill it?

apparently there's no way to log in to mesh sandbox directly atm, but from the chalet you can use the map, search for mesh sandbox 6 and tp there.

you can get more lindens if you have spend them all, but it really takes a LOT of uploads ;-)

I uploaded MANY meshes in the last year, and I'm down to my last 28000 lindens...

It is a beta grid. Lots of testing going on there. For several weeks there have been problems. Avoid changing your password. That seems to trigger a load of problems right now.

Often thengs you save to inventory in one secession are going in the next. Things recently updated from AGNI to ADITI inventory refuse to rez... Last Location on login is not working... most of the time. There is a JIRA... but, the Lindens cannot reproduce the problem, so they can't fix it. See JIRA SVC-7727

If your ADITI Lindens get below a certain limit they are replenished... usually. Also, on a password change, they replinish. Plus you can always ask a linden in one of the ADITI user group meetings to replish your Lindens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.