anyone with a HD7750 connected to 60 LED tv gimmy some feedback

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is another thread dealing with graphics cards which you might find helpful:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Which-video-card-is-best-for-SL-AMD-Radeon-or-nVidia-GeForce/td-p/1419993

I quote here a short piece from one post in the above thread:

"... for most people running Second Life, both nVidia GeForce & AMD Radeon will work well. If you are running at a resolution of 1080P and which to achieve an average frames per second of 30, which is the fps required for smooth animation, provided your CPU, RAM and internet connection is sufficient, the AMD Radeon HD 7750 or nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti is sufficient. Anything faster is a bonus."

So, it appears that AMD Radeon HD 7750 will run SL all right on 1920 x 1080 resolution.

HD7750, cheap, middle class gpu, don't buy it, go for nVidia, works much better with OpenGL which is the graphics 'language' used in SL. Besides that the AMD/ATI drivers are horribly made and suffer more or less always from severe bugs. If you buy ATI, you save money and get lots of driver and graphics problems for the few bucks you save on buying an ATI/AMD card. In the nearer past, ati cards had  these problems in SL: rainbow colored prims, pink prims, black water,  starred clouds and some more. A good choice would be a Nvidia 460 GTX.

Jeannie

I think the old 8800 nvidia series was sort of a minumum for running SL with shadows. They are older, so maybe there are deals on those. ATI does offer more speed for less money, and down time can be a day almost lost to driver issues and this happens maybe a time or two over a few year period for me. I mean, it depends. I got locked out of a PC with linux and nvidia! I got it sorted, But yeah...it was weird and was driver related. Luckily I had a way of getting in anyway and got it sorted and updated again. So, nvidia can be wierd to...it sort of depends on the game maker moreso. But, yeah....LL works better with nvidia and ATI have bee slower to get things to work with for LL...well, as far as I remember.

So, for SL I say nvidia...but I have used ATI and say I would not...but, the speed is good for so many other games and 3d software! Not so bad for the money, better than older built in chips for sure! So, I say save up if you want it for only SL becasue there is less headache and nvidia has performed well enough with SL for me!

I use an EVGA NVidia GTX-550-Ti-FBP with 1GB DDR5 attached to a 47" LG LED Screen @ 1920x1080.  Works a treat once the contrast & brightness was adjusted (Custom menus on the screen for Game Mode adjusts all that).  Compared to my 27" i-inc LCD Monitor @ 1920x1200 it's not quite as sharp but not significant.

One thing to note:  Don't try to use a Large Screen TV as a monitor by setting it on your desk, you do need to have it a minimum of 60cm from you if not a full metre (yard is close enough).  Your eyes will tire and you will get a headache from it, especially if there is a lot of bright colours & white on teh screen.

• 1 year later...

I thought the same thing. I am upgrading and bought a HD LG 42 TV to use as a monitor but it is not working out too well. I can bring up SL but then the whole picture freezes with the mouse and then cuts off the system. I thought I had enough power with my new set up:

AMD FX 9590

Nvidia 770 with 2G, Samsung 250 G SSD, 1100 Watt power and four fans plus two on the video card. Shouldn't this be enough? I may be having pro blems with the 32 and 64 bit mix. 

Any advice? thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.