Forever young?

Caroline Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Keeping your avatar looking relatively young gives many more clothing options! 

But why focus only on age? Why not body shape too? Rarely in SL do I see an avatar who might be described as overweight, let alone one who is positively fat. The contrast with RL is stark. Where in SL are the droopy bits and cellulite?!

SL allows us, if we choose, to escape our RL selves and that is a good thing. For those whose conscience makes them uncomfortable pretending to be in SL something that they are not in RL, there is always the option of adding a RL pic to your profile.

Well this is secondlife , everyone has a different view of it some like to use this to make real cash and others like to dress up as  disney princesses and fire breathing dragons and they can because they paid just as much as the others did to enjoy secondlife.But while viewing your blog your avatar looks no younger than 27-30 years old yourself.

Does anyone accept that it is "ageplay" when you act, or look an age different from your own?

I've gotten a lot of flack from "babygirls" (as in opposite to Daddy Doms) who insist that even if they look 19yo and hold a teddy bear while wearing pajamas, its NOT ageplay, which of course, is Forbidden.

Scout Schwager wrote:

Does anyone accept that it is "ageplay" when you act, or look an age different from your own?

I've gotten a lot of flack from "babygirls" (as in opposite to Daddy Doms) who insist that even if they look 19yo and hold a teddy bear while wearing pajamas, its NOT ageplay, which of course, is Forbidden.

Ageplay is not forbidden, sexual ageplay is... two different things.  Just saying.

...Dres

Yes, clearly, a 50yo guy having sex with an avatar that is 20yo, and calling it 'ageplay' is illegal!

Its not 'age play", what it is is "pretending to be a different age, (and maybe experience/maturity level) than you really are, and having sex while doing it". That certianly is NOT age play!

I don't really care who is behind the avatar until I get to know them and then age still does not matter (most of the time)

SL is a fantasy world where you can be almost anything you want - so when you have the keys to the sweet shop why stick to marshmallows!

One thing I will say if you try to make yourself as good looking as possible then its difficult to stand out.

But I have found that those avatar do a little different that differs from the media norm of beautiful, successful people and go for older, fatter etc tend to be more interesting.

Something along the lines of - you can look perfect so why don't you ? - already some mystery to be solved.

Whereas the supermodels are all hair make style and often no substance.

I for one am 44 in RL but my avatar is a perfect 20-30 - what can I say ? Clearly I am not interesting and just think about hair and make up .......... ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.