Undelivered- was delivered- customer got it and I have no pay

Dhyana Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"GAWD.... i wish LL would simple leave both DD and MB in place permanently (like Brooke promised the TPV developer las year)".

I second that amendment. But I suspect L.L. will want to continue with their 'control the horizontal and vertical syndrome' and ignore that logical advise just to be obstinate. ;-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

A scripted prim that emails me is a brute force method with a bunch of flaws - as mentioned in previous posts.  Something more elegant, relevent, and flexible (ability to deploy, enable and disable).

Just off the top of my head, a way to implement this without getting endless emails from the same purchaser over and over is to have the script communicate with an in-world prim scripted to record the new owner's uuid and send a notice only on first encounter, or out-of-world database to do the same thing.  

^^ Exactly!!! This is what bothers me about Linden methodology.

When using internet company's services, these kind of conversions from one system to another happen all the time, where users must complete some sort of transition process.

Every other company seems to bend over backwards to ensure the transition is a delightful & simple process.

Quite often it is reduced to a one click process for the user & we don't even need to know all the inner workings.

It usually works like this:    *click*     *click* ....oh!   Okay, I'm done. Great!!! :catvery-happy:

Linden Lab never takes this approach. Each transition is a grinding, broken, labor intensive process with many many steps for end-user to complete. Never is the effort put in to make the solution elegant & simple. That's just thoughtless towards the end-user.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.