second life down again? unscheduled maintenance?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, ever since yesterday I have had an issue where I am wearing thousands of items from my inventory [yes,thousands,way past the limit one can attatch themselves with, including houses and vehicles] and when I detatch all-I crash,when I replace items from a saved outfit-I crash,when I try to do any character tests to a "noob LL" avatar,I crash, when i manually detatch each and every item individually and try to wear ONE item,whether it be a shape or hair etc--multiple items attatch to me and--guess what,I crash..I've tried clearing cache and relogging and trying different viewers and nothing is changing. Yesterday it randomly fixed itself but today I've been having the issue for about 2-3 hours now --nothing is working. It started right around the unexpected maintenance ,and I am not sure if  this is all related but it's madness for my inventory / a few of my friends right now going through similar issues. . . I'm hoping LL is at least aware that there is still a lot going on and that not much was fixed.

I have never confessed to being a computer nerd Oskar, so thanks for the update, but a "hardware fault".....  stick replacement parts in and restart........

........ followed by 24 hours during the next 3 days "scheduled maintenance", who you kidding?

OK  it's a bad week for LL, but proper and correct info of the problems would help alleviate the worries of the users of SL. We have had this same problem of non-disclosure over the years that SL has been mainstream and constantly hiding or not-explaining the full facts drives users away.  I remember max avatar levels of 80k online being acheived...we don't get those numbers now...  I wonder why!!!!!

Tamara Artis wrote:

I had that same thing a month ago, or two... Was wearing almost all of my eyes and sunglasses, tons of hairs and boots! And while I was detaching one group the other was attaching itself! I posted that here on the forums but it was removed.. 

Tamara, how did you resolve it?  Just keep detaching everything?

I relogged and made a character test, and I remember while I was a noob it was normal, when I started to wear stuf it happened again. I didn't wanted to bother and logged out. Tomorrow I had no problems to build my avi again. I just hope t doesn't happen again... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.