Sign in to follow this  
Manna Faith

I can't log in to my account, I've tried every single viewer and nope , no success.

Question

Manna Faith wrote:

No viewer lets me log in. I've installed and reinstalled the viewers and still no success. I've invested so much of my money for this to be happening. Can anyone help or at least give me an idea of what is happening????

Hi Manna!  Sorry you are having troubles.  Tells us a bit what is happening.  Any error messages?  Does the program lock up.  We need something to work with.

Peace!

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Manna Faith wrote:

No viewer lets me log in. I've installed and reinstalled the viewers and still no success. I've invested so much of my money for this to be happening. Can anyone help or at least give me an idea of what is happening????

Hi Manna!  Sorry you are having troubles.  Tells us a bit what is happening.  Any error messages?  Does the program lock up.  We need something to work with.

Peace!

• Like 1

If you have truly tried several different viewers and you still cannot log in then your problem is almost assuredly not a viewer problem.  Even if one viewer works and others don't it's still not necessarily a viewer problem.  Your problem lays with something else.  Your computer, it's hardware, you connection and it's speed, your security software, your network,  almost anything can be the cause.  And we have no way of helping without information.  The only one who can give us that information is you....help yourself a little here.  Launch the viewer (any of them) and don't attempt to log in........you say you cannot anyway so don't waste the time.  Under the "Help" menu click on "About Second Life".  You'll see a dialog that will have all the basic computer specs of your machine as reported to the servers by your viewer.  Copy those specs and paste them back here for anyone to help you.  That would a huge first step in resolviing your problem.

Don't start a new thread.  Use the "Options" in the upper right hand corrner of your post and "Edit" to add that information and any further comments that might help someone help you.

• Like 2

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Manna

Presumably, as you've been in Second Life for a while, you're using the same computer that you've been using for a while too. As Peggy says, it would be very useful to know your computer's specifications.

Off the top of my head though, I would suggest checking that your graphics card has the latest drivers installed, but also, please let us know what happens when you try to log in - what message you get, if you get one.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue, the thing is my sister and friends have no problem from my laptop, so I know its not a computer issue, but something with my account. If you figure out what your issue is, please share so maybe I can try whatever helps you get back on.

I will do the same, if I figure out why and it might be something for you to try as well...

I already submitted a support tkt to LL, just waiting on a reply. 

• Like 1

has there been an update to this? I know someone having the same problem but can log in alts with no issue- they deleted gestures too - viewer makes no difference and its a new computer.

Well al I can say that I miss my second life, It is been too long  since I can not  log in,  see no clear solution although as many  ive done what ever It  is at my disposal or rather disposition.