I can't log in to my account, I've tried every single viewer and nope , no success.

Manna Faith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No viewer lets me log in. I've installed and reinstalled the viewers and still no success. I've invested so much of my money for this to be happening. Can anyone help or at least give me an idea of what is happening????

To the answer below, I've gone to the new viewer  Firestrom.. and I went to about firestorm and copied this

Firestorm 4.0.1 (27000) Mar 19 2012 16:21:21 (Firestorm-Release)
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor (2700.05 MHz)
Memory: 4864 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9100/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.15.0011.8640
OpenGL Version: 3.0.0

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: firestorm (grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance : 64
Bandwidth : 1000
LOD factor : 2
Built with MSVC version 1600

Is that what you were talking about? I have no idea. I miss playing SL with out a problem :( I've tried logging in once more and it gives me a error msg.. saying I have the wrong password/ username. I'm positive I have the correct username/password as I've had this account since September 2010. 

6 answers to this question

Manna Faith wrote:

No viewer lets me log in. I've installed and reinstalled the viewers and still no success. I've invested so much of my money for this to be happening. Can anyone help or at least give me an idea of what is happening????

Hi Manna!  Sorry you are having troubles.  Tells us a bit what is happening.  Any error messages?  Does the program lock up.  We need something to work with.

Peace!

• Like 1

If you have truly tried several different viewers and you still cannot log in then your problem is almost assuredly not a viewer problem.  Even if one viewer works and others don't it's still not necessarily a viewer problem.  Your problem lays with something else.  Your computer, it's hardware, you connection and it's speed, your security software, your network,  almost anything can be the cause.  And we have no way of helping without information.  The only one who can give us that information is you....help yourself a little here.  Launch the viewer (any of them) and don't attempt to log in........you say you cannot anyway so don't waste the time.  Under the "Help" menu click on "About Second Life".  You'll see a dialog that will have all the basic computer specs of your machine as reported to the servers by your viewer.  Copy those specs and paste them back here for anyone to help you.  That would a huge first step in resolviing your problem.

Don't start a new thread.  Use the "Options" in the upper right hand corrner of your post and "Edit" to add that information and any further comments that might help someone help you.

• Like 2

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Manna

Presumably, as you've been in Second Life for a while, you're using the same computer that you've been using for a while too. As Peggy says, it would be very useful to know your computer's specifications.

Off the top of my head though, I would suggest checking that your graphics card has the latest drivers installed, but also, please let us know what happens when you try to log in - what message you get, if you get one.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue, the thing is my sister and friends have no problem from my laptop, so I know its not a computer issue, but something with my account. If you figure out what your issue is, please share so maybe I can try whatever helps you get back on.

I will do the same, if I figure out why and it might be something for you to try as well...

I already submitted a support tkt to LL, just waiting on a reply. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.