many complaints i need answers for.

azkev1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started a couple of days ago on SL, but my experience with the viewer is terrible.  Whenever I want to teleport to a different destination nothing happens.  Clicking certain catagories does nothing as well.  The game does not load all the textures for an hour.  Character creation does not work for me.  
What is with all these bugs or technical difficulties?

Almost certainly your internet connection to Western USA but it could be almost anything.  If you're asking for help then please tell us the specifications of your computer (especially the graphics card) and the ping and packet-loss figures from the statistics window in-world (if you can log in) or pingtest.net.

On the other hand, if you want to get in touch with LL see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/How-to-Contact-Support/m-p/1286971/message-uid/1286971#U1286971

That is referred to as the Second Life experience.

There are various things you can do to help cut down on technical difficulties, but you will always have some.

Depending on your system and setup you will have various issues.

Not being able to teleport, slow rez time, and inability to change avatars/outfits may be signs of poor internet connection.

Welcome to Second Life and the Forums, azkev1

You shouldn't be having so many problems, but as Peter has requested in his post, you do need to give us some more information, so we can offer more specific help to you.

There is also information about system requirements on this link ...

https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php

At least it is a good sign that the game is loading and not crashing! 

That's enough to say your computer SHOULD be able to run SL, so at least that's not a problem.  You won't get great performance with that graphic card as it's pretty old.  On the other hand it's better than mine so it shouldn't cause a problem :-)

Since your computer itself seems OK at first look it makes it even more likely that your internet connection is the problem (although as Charolotte said, SL has plenty of them anyway).  If you can't get in-world then please open the web-site pingtest.net and run a test against a server in the Western USA so that you can see the quality of your broadband, and not just its speed.

One thing that helps me with texture rez time is to uncheck HTTP textures. I have read differing opinions on this, but it helps me. You can try both ways and see if it helps, checked or unchecked.

It's under your Develop menu (ctrl atl q if you don't see it)

Also, sometimes if things are acting up, I make sure my inventory is loaded, you can do this by opening Inventory > Recent and wait for it to stop fetching. (I keep HTTP Inventory checked, btw)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.