avatar sinks in ground and "hover" on shape always goes back to zero after I reset

Mary Nuyasaka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My avatar is constantly below ground.  The shape has "hover" so I keep resetting to 50 and during that process she floats up to the ground, but the minute I "apply" and save, down she goes.  The other shape settings work fine.  DOes anyone have an idea why this is happening? 

This depends on if you are using an animation  when used in an AO various animations will cause you to either float above the base ground or below it this has a lot to do with the center point of your avatar and the structure of the animation the animation can be changed to fit your avatar but the creator would need to do this task. I normally do not release AO animations because every AV is different and I make them to fit me ))  for the technical that's about a minus 58 or 59 in poser for the z axis but every AV is different you can try adjusting your height until the pose works properly but then it is not your person.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some animations need to know how tall you are and some don't.

If I were in SL right now I could tell you why and which - its a bit obvious when you compare them.

I know this mostly effects sit on ground animations, but also animations that bend, touch the ground, and some that... I'd have to see to remember what it was.

Point being that the ones which need to know height really need to know how far your center is from the ground - and if they get this wrong you will float or feel like a potted plant.

Adjusting hover doesn't work so well because its usually just some of the animations in your collection, not all of them... and hover effects everything. Really what we need is a 'hover dial' on each animation - that can be adjusted even for no mod animations much the same as you can move where a no-mod object is located inworld.

Until then (ie: forever because unless it has to do with a sandbox LLs doesn't understand why anybody cares), you either have to accept that every few animations one of them is going to be off,clean out the bad ones, or buy from people who make multiple copies of these animations for different heights, hoping one of them matches you.

The only time this happens to me (And to my bf too) is when we're editing on a pose stand, and then hop off, then suddenly we're in quicksand and just the head is poking out of the ground lol. Doesn't happen all the time, it's very sketchy on the reproduction, but we've just learned to live with it and do a quick relog when nothing else seemed to work

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.