Under 30 Days Old.

xsilverfantasyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im 17 Days Old. I been trying to find where I can get REALLY NICE free AO's, skins, hair, clothes, ect for being under 30 days old. I been searching online for a while now but most things seem out of date or the places are not there anymore! I would be very greatful if you could list as many places as you know for me :). Im a vampire in world to so items for that would be awsome also(looking for more black&asian skins to) ! If you would like to take me to places id be greatful to im xsiverfantasyx in game! Cant wait to hear from you!

Hi Silver, search for the shop Sn@tch inworld. Ivey, the owner has a bargain basement with at least one wall for free things. Most are urban/vamp/goth and beautifully done. She also has a free full avatar with skin, hair and the works, only for people under 30days.Other good quality free places are (these all come up in search, but if not, google should get you there): FabFree Station, The Free Dove, Savoir Hair (on the wall at Savoir Hair is a poster for "Teagan's Newbie Helping Landmarks" full of good free LM's. All the places mentioned are especially nice because they offer things from a range of designers, so it's a good way to get an idea of what's out there when and if you do spend money on things.

FabFree has a nice free AO from Oracul and there's a notecard in the package with landmarks to other free and cheap AO's. Also, if you're a FabFree group member, you can rezz and open your boxes in the shop (be sure to clean them up/delete them afterward).

Sorry, I get chatty on that subject. FabFree was a hugely helpful group for me when I was new :).

Consider visiting NCI.  Main location is in the Kuula sim (Just type Kuula in the map). There is a huge supply of freebies there along with a sandbox to build in and helpers who can give advice and assistence.  Along with that there is a calendar of events that covers the whole week, every week with contests, lessons, Q&A sessions, and parties. =^-^=

Look for Money Trees. These have been around for a long time and they are for newbies, less than 2 months old. I have 1 or 2 on my sim. They give free lindens in the form of dollars in the trees, or fruit. Fruit gives you more lindens. When I started in SL, all I did for the first week was look for Money Trees. I had a large LM folder full of LM's to money trees. I'd just tp from tree to tree, collecting easily hundreds of lindens a day, or even in a couple of hours. This allows you to pay for those things you can't get for free.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

Consider visiting NCI.  Main location is in the Kuula sim (Just type Kuula in the map). There is a huge supply of freebies there along with a sandbox to build in and helpers who can give advice and assistence.  Along with that there is a calendar of events that covers the whole week, every week with contests, lessons, Q&A sessions, and parties. =^-^=

Yes! I forgot to mention NCI. Those freebies have been updated pretty recently too haven't they? Last time I took someone there a lot of things had been added.

I just came across a Place with Very nice skins and Shapes and its Called Buttons If you need the LM im me in World and i will pass it to you. she does have Awesome stuff there.  some stores has Lucky Chairs you can do to get Clothes for your Avatar. I know a couple of places crave, Rawr, ADN, B*tch Tail,Delirium as well. But the other places that were listed will help too. :) And Welcome to Second life =)

Search for CCD- Caithlen Carter Designs. It is a higher end jewelry store that has more gothicy stuff because it was sold. She had a beginner kit for under 30 days. It has a Gown and jewelry and shoes. Also, many stores have stuff if you join the store group. Bliss Couture is a very nice store and they always have  a decently nice free dress and every couple of months will have an outfir for "Blissy Girls" , They also have sale section that is very  nice. Check out N-core shoes- they always have a free pair of shoes that r nice- a regular style not cheapo for free. There is a nice store named Kungler's. For 50L you join group and everymonth is a free outfit and they have a couple of those letter chairs so if the frist letter is you name you sit in it and win it. There is also a store called Devient Designs that has a cute pair of high heel platform sandals just to join group and I think for 199L a pair of ballet flats  in like 12 colors that have a tan colored bow. So if you are not too dark or light they are cute. Also there are hunts. One is Taste of SL and it is a scavebnnger hunt. It can be fun but time consuming. They have a blog with hints. Check out  Blacklace as in Alphamale & Blace lace. They have a cute corsette outfit for joining and also a jeans and sweather outfit. One last one is aDiva. She used to charge 250L to join group and every week put a new outfit out for half price. Not sure if she does that but she is one of nicer store owners and often at store.  If you join she gives stuff away every week or 2 and has great 2 day specials. Her clothes are really cute and a bit European. Often the free stuff is no too good. I suggest you go to inventory and create a folder  and call it "~~My Stuff" That curly thing will put it maybe last so easy to keep straight and in it create folders for like footwear, clothes, hair, naild, accessories, and etc. Also create a folder  "Free Stuff" when you get something for free drag iti in that folder. When you have a chance to try it on either move to reg folder in My Stuff or delete it.

One last thing I don't know if you heard much of Vampires, but watch out for them. Some are nice and some are not so much. They will see you r new and offer to take you back to castle and give you free clothes. Then you fell you owe them and end up getting bit and turned in to a blood doll or a vamp. They do prey on newbs because SL can be a bit scary. I am not against Vampires, but well in my experience they do take advantage of  new  avies. You can get a garlic necklace most anywhere and they will leave you alone.

Be sure to get the eyes at Poetic Colors for under 30 day old accounts. They are a nice green color, and you can't get them later. The item is in front of their store.

There are many freebies in Second Life that anyone of any age can get.

I think someone compiled a note card of 'newbie gifts' though, Teegan someone? You might ask in the group Fab Free about the note card.

First, use the search window on the forums to find other threads on this topic. Searching on the word "freebies", I found several threads, including this one:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-can-I-get-better-clothes-if-im-new/m-p/715943#M539

For dark Gothic clothing & items, you really should join The Thrifty Goth group. This is a very active group that will point you toward nice Midnight Madness boards, group freebies, & sales. The gothic freebies section at Lapointe & Bastchild is another great resource. They change their freebies regularly & have a good selection for both female & male avatars.

For under 30 days free female skins go to Plausible Body & Grimm Bros. Lots of other good freebies at these places too. Plausible Body uses an Open Price option for some of their items, which means you only pay what you can afford or what you want to pay for the item. If you're new or broke, you might not pay anything now, but you can come back later & donate lindens when you wish.

Miss Murder has many nice free & inexpensive skins, including some pale, vampy ones & some for African & Asian tones.

For cyber & gothic free clothes, check out DV8 & join their group.

Finally, go to the SL Marketplace & search for anything you want. Set your search from lowest to highest priced, & you will find all kinds of free items there.

• 8 months later...

My shape store -meme- has shapes for both men and women that are free. They're shapes that are in a testing/feedback phase before they become standard merchandise, so the selection available in the freebie box is ocassionally changing, but there is always atleast 1 male, 1 female, and 1 furry shape available.

Also, all of the for purchase shapes are $99L and come with a version to give to a friend for free.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New%20Life/126/116/24

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.