Some (noobie) questions

berryouss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello guys!

So. I am very happy with my avi. I don't want to change it's look!
The only problems I'm having are lacks of quality. At least that's what I would call it..
There are some spots at the body which I simply can't change. No matter how hard I'm trying to edit them with the shape tool :/
For example:         http://de.tinypic.com/r/29wvd76/5                (These are the "backside" and the legs..:D)
Those edgy spots are not only shades. It just looks like someone cuts off a part of the skin..
I have those "edges" also on my chest and face. (Around the nose and the mouth)

To my questions:

1. Is it even possible to get rid of it?? Like with a new shape or new skin? (I tried several of demos..Nothing changed at all.)

2. ARE there any shapes/skins without those "edges"? 

3. Are there any other solutions to get rid of it?

I'm fighting with that problem for weeks no. I have no idea what to do :(
I hope you guys can help me somehow!

There really isn't much you can do about the backside, unless you want to splurge on a mesh arse. The shadows on the face you can hide with better lighting. No, not a facelight pleaaaseee. Use your windlights. I always have mine set to 2%ACanimod, but play around with them and find one you like. CaiWL is another good one, there are others as well. 

I always look for new stuff in SL, so I bought a new butt. The last one isn't so big and it's called Cute Azz. :matte-motes-silly:

It's not perfect. It's just something to try out. I like to support designers that try to fix the flaws on the SL avatar, so I have feet, hands, ears, breasts, mouth and now azz. I could find a better windlight, but this is ok for showing the stuff.

Cute azz collage.jpg

Cute azz collage 2.jpg

It is not as big as the one before. I tried this on and it was a 99% match in size, the real difference is the work on the inner thighs. I am not so fond of the gap, but in some poses it is better. In other poses, it actually makes the butt look worse. Best thing I can say, get a demo and try it in different poses. You find the demo here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Luck%20Inc/75/130/21

It is two versions on the opposite walls, Phat Azz who is bigger of course, and Cute Azz.

Thanks, Marianna!
Never visited the store before. Always thought they only have those Phat Azzes. 
I just tried the demo and i really like it :) Even though it making my leggs much...fatter.

Before I buy it... Do you know if clothes with PA-Appliers will work with the Cute Azz? If they don't I'm not going to get it :)

berryouss wrote:

Thanks, Marianna!

Never visited the store before. Always thought they only have those Phat Azzes. 

I just tried the demo and i really like it
:)
Even though it making my leggs much...fatter.

Before I buy it... Do you know if clothes with PA-Appliers will work with the Cute Azz? If they don't I'm not going to get it
:)

You may need to adjust your legs a bit in order for the cute azz to look proportional.  Here is a blog post talking about how the writer made some adjustments.  There are appliers out there but you will have to look around.  As with the other mesh body parts, more appliers will become available in time (and as demand increases).

Edit:  blog post URL:  http://slfashionpassion.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/hindsight/

I read that all Phat Azz appliers work on Cute Azz. You sure you didn't wear the thicker legs version?

Oh, and see if the Slink feet look good with it. If you use Slink feet. My alt has Phat Azz, but only Gos shoes, and they look great. I never thought it could be a problem when I bought Cute Azz for Marianne. With dark stockings, I can see a seam where the Slink foot meet Azz.  I need to read and see if some has found a solution.

I really wish some designer make an improved version of this system. 2 layers? Whaa? Socks and garters on one, panties on the other... what about tattoos? I bought this smaller one yesterday, it might fit under wide short skirts, but the hips can be a problem. There should be a HUD for making parts of the lower mesh body invisible. Like, making your butt invisible... hips... and maybe some of the leg itself. The default knee is one of the ugliest part when it bends. It would be nice to wear these mesh legs without butt and hip, under summer dresses.

Okay. I tried the demo and bought them!
Took me so long to figure out how to use the right windlight (somehow the skin won't match perfectly with the applier. Bought them in the same store).

Still looking for clothes. And I'm not sure what I just did: I tried to put on/apply panties and I can't take them off now.. Only show/hide. I have nooo idea how to put on (apply....) any pants..
Going to try to find any tutorials/threats for that.

And thanks for all your help :)

So sorry to hear you have problems. I have not logged in for 48 hours and will not log in yet. RL stuff you know (my son having visitors and they occupy both laptop and stationary...) :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I cant suggest other than that you perhaps apply an underwear applier and have the underwear layer turned off? Some creators pack both underwear applier and pants appliers. It can come in handy if you will wear long stockings over pants. There is no stocking layer so designers have to use the two layers they got, names of the layer might not correspond with the garment.

I found out when I had a Blacklace applier pack, same clothing came in two versions, gartiers (UP) and gartiers (P). It confused the hell out of me.

I have just tried to change and the scripts work for me.

Something might not work correct in SL itself. I have Slink feet that work same way with appliers. A sock applier that worked two days ago, refused to work today. Maybe you find out that the problem is gone when you log in again, SL can be a **bleep**. 

Try to teleport into an empty sim like Hatton and change there. If you are in a busy sim with many avatars, it can slow down the scripts.

• 3 months later...

HelenaBarrows wrote:

I'm sorry to bring this one to live againm but I have a doubt: whenever I try t  teleport to this place

I'm given a message I am not able to teleport there. I can't be banned form a place I've never been to :matte-motes-crying:

Hello Helena

There are many reasons why this message would appear.

Maybe the sim owner is having a move-around, and the sim is not available to anyone just now - try again later.

It could be that the sim is in the process of being restarted - try again later.

If the sim is an Adult-rated one, ensure that your avatar's settings allow you to go to Adult-rated sims.

Take heart - a lot of us are denied access from plenty of places we have never been to.  There are many private sims, and sims that are only accessible for group members by invite only.

HelenaBarrows wrote:

I've been trying to get there (it is the cute ass/ fat azz store in world) for more than a week. Now I confess I'm puzzled. Thanks for your answer, anyways :matte-motes-smile:

There's several competitors to that product already on the market - including a number that are fitted mesh and so respond to shape dials and / or avatar physics.

If you want one that has the same 'shape' as a normal person (a fitted mesh replacement for 'cute'), look for 'ghetto booty' and then when you go there, not that, but the 'fitted mesh 1' product from the same person. If you want a 'monster truck strapped to your rear' look at vString's fitted mesh behind, or Brazilia - both of which offer behinds that can be... somewhat extreme...

Like Lolas for 'the other end', I expect phat to soon be considered 'obsoleted' by fitted mesh. Though I have no experience with the 'phat' line and its maker might be more 'agile' than Lolas, and so might have their own fitted mesh option once they're back online.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.