Kudos: 426
0 Kudos

Re: Good Mesh tutorials? 2012 + Blender 2.63a

[ Edited ]

Reply to Mannon Mannonen - view message

See if this updated Mesh Clothing Tutorial helps: Second Life Mesh Clothes Blender 2.6 Setup 2012 Tutorial.

This is mostly about getting Blender ready for clothes making in Second Life. The first page of the tutourial has an index or may be contents list is more accurate. So, you can see if it is what your are looking for.

It contains a couple of pages on the default avatar and shape. Another page on how to get custom shapes out of Second Life.

JASS does sculpties and Mesh, if I remember correctly. Avastar does more with Mesh and Animations. While I think they are both great programs, I made the tutorial so you can learn to make clothes without having to buy anything.

hibit Spad
0 Kudos

Re: Good Mesh tutorials ?

Here is a listing of some good tutorial sites. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Blender
Poenald Palen
0 Kudos

Re: Good Mesh tutorials ?

Decimate might help for some things, or meshlab. Meshlab is in existance to help reduce polies in a better than already existing way. So, it does pretty well and is sort of the latest cutting edge way. Decimate or other reduce scripts, plugins or programs built into 3D progs(blelnder has some available to, I think at least one is included...wow, my memory! wow.) do a bit of an OK job but you might end up going in to fix things. Meshlab is a bit better from what I have heard, though maybe not for all things. All of this is free, so it may be worth a try!

Tutorials on blender for SL? Hhhm, you might want to check out any tricks on lowering polies but I know exactly what you mean though! I see a tut about normal maps....SL doesn't do normal maps! lol. Then I see another on something else but that will not work for SL ect. I think searching this forum and asking (like you just did) might help out because there are some very active helpers here compared to the whole world which just shrugs!Maybe you are doing what is best right now, and I can help no more with this! Yup, I can't remember any tutorials. But I will say this, reducing polygons is sort of universal! So any low poly game tut might help you pick up a trick or two.

A signature, hhhhm what to put here. AH, I will save you from bad health! Ok...Smaller plates & bowls, drink water instead and replace some carbohydrates with veggies on your plate! OH, and stand at you PC a bit, walk and move around...even if you are thin you might need this info!