SL's Maturity Rating System...

Ilyra Chardin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like most of the merchants here in SL, I carefully choose the maturity rating of items that I place on MP for sale.  So you can imagine my surprise when I received a notification that four of my products that have been selling for over a year were delisted for not being marked mature.  The items in question were Old West saloon replica items.  I treated them differently than the dockside bar items that I recently put in my shop (which are marked mature,) since the saloon items were period authentic and, I felt, of general maturity level. 

I'd like to point LL's attention to Walk Disney World's Frontier Land and the saloons that they have there.  Would be a darn shame if LL ran Disney World and parents could not take their children there.

I’m curious what others’ experiences are with the product delisting.  Thoughts?

Check you keywords. EDIT -- actually any text but live chat says the key words are the first thing to check.    It is much less likely that it is your project than some words you use. I got a greenhouse marked as adult by using the word "transparent". A friend got a vase marked as adult but using the words "thin necked" and one for some word that had "ass" in the middle of it like embarassed but not that. So the system is indeed faulty.

Just look carefully, put up new listing with fewer and more carefully chosen words and you will likely be fine :D. Good luck.

A few creators have posted the same type of complaint here lately.  Either LL has decided alcohol and tobacco are M rated items or someone is having a field day flagging them and some mindless linden is delisting them.  No clue so far as to which is the case.  You can put your choice as general and search for these things and still get lots of results.

I can't find anything in any official document that says they must be M rated.  IMO it is silly because the only minors here are older teens who see this stuff all the time.  Heck in Busch Gardens, a RL family oriented theme park you can even get free beer,.,

Alcohol and tobacco have long been moderate/mature, the marketplace maturity guidelines have them as an example under moderate content:

Depictions of or references to alcohol or tobacco use.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines?#adult-guidelines

I'm pretty sure that inworld there are saloons or bars on general rated land and one does have to wonder why World of Warcraft which is 13+, can have references to alcohol all over the place, even having a brewfest achievement and if you drink x amount of alcoholic drinks your screen shakes, whereas LL insist that such references are only suitable for 18+ folk.

I also wonder why such a purge is taking place now, a lot of complaints about this recently.

Just want to add that my bar got delisted for the same reason.  I just changed the rating and relisted it.  But it seems very silly indeed -- of all the things LL could be spending time on, they are evidently doing this.  I mean, it's not like children do not see bars in restaurants all the time. 

What irritates me the most is the inconsistency.... You can still find alcohol, bar etc items listed as general. My saloon products were listed and sold as general for over a year. 

When SL did away with their teen grid - a dismal failure, they imposed this insanity on the bulk of the residents.  Never mind that you can still find teens who adult certified back when you had to have some form of ID or the fact that now a teen can sign up and just check the box to see mature / adult sims and items.

MY SL world is topsy-turvy, but i can console myself with the fact that my shoes no longer end up in my butt on TP.

That's my two cents (L$5)

I’m going back to building and hoping that when i rotate my next prim LL doesn't make the rotation 89.850

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.