Offline IM to E-Mail fails

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anybody else have this problem lately? Offline IM's, IM's from scripts and Group Notices aren't sent to my Mail anymore. I've checked the settings in the SL preferences, as well as in my account, have all second life Mailings on my Mail Account Whitelist and also checked my Spam. Marketplace Mails get still to me, but no offline notifications from within SL anymore. 

Has anyone suggestions what else I can try to make them work again? 

• Like 1

Yes ..i am seeing the same problem........I get off-line IM to Emails from  scripted objects or group notices ...... but Not  from individual Avatar IMs when  i am off-line. 

Started about July 1st. ....or perhaps its a random thing  i.e.  sometimes fails to work.

If it keeps up..i'll submit a bug report........or if someone has already done so  please lets us know.

thanks.:)

Same problem here, no offline IM at all since July 4th 1pm secondlife time. Discussed this problem at a forum and found out many people with different internet provider have the same problem, so its not us (not our email provider) its lindenlab (their server system) that has the problem. I did a ticket today about it, however at the forum someone else also did a ticket and got no help of LL, they only said it might be a single problem. Harms my business in the big way, I can only hope the problem gets solved somehow.

I have this problem as well and it started just in these last few days. I do still receive group notices to my email when i m offline, but i don't get ims from people, or the messages from the magic box which is saying that the item that someone has purchased from me in marketplace has been sent.

Many times people im me when i am offline, so it's a big issue for me to stop getting these ims, especially because sometimes when i login to sl i don't see there the ims i got when i was offline , so the fact that the ims go to my email, made sure i won't miss them... Now there is a chance i will completely miss ims. I hope this will be fixed soon.. I wonder if it's like this for everyone else , or just for some people , or for some email providers .

There are still reports that this problem is seen on many different mail  providers. this problem is not limited to any 1 mail provider.

Also the fact that my Scripted objects in SL can still send instant Messages   that get forwarded to my email account when i am not logged in proves   that this problem/bug is a secondlife  bug ...not a mail provider issue.

Same is true for group notices  as those are also forwarded to my email provider when i am off line.

It only fails when residents on my friends list send me IM when I am offline.

I am using Hotmail.com for 3 years almost ,since i started to be in sl and always everything was fine. Only the last week the problems has started. It is my main email and it's more convenient for me to use it and not change it . I am sure there is thousands more like me which will have to change the email suddenly and not so crazy about the idea...So i think this problem should be solved regardless . And the fact the emails reaches to some providers and to some not still doesn't mean it's only the provider problem. Could be it is a second life issue or a bug which is not sending the emails to some providers as before. Any person who login to SL and no matter from which email , as long as he choose the option that he want to receive the offline ims to his email, then he should get them , because sometimes it's important. especially for creators and sellers.  I hope this issue can be fixed soon, because i see it's still continues.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Mppf ....better is ... my PC damaged, Fire in House, all Pass away and i must make Security Quests for reaktivate Avas....but nothing comes from the side https://secondlife.com/my/account/request.php?lang=de   to my gmx e-Mails.......great.... can make x Tickets   grumbles....great....

GMX filters IMs and ! the Page https://secondlife.com/my/account/request.php?lang=de .....grrr

LL can not make other e-mail adress for sending Security Quest/Answers ??

• 8 months later...

I just got this email, and can confirm that offline-IMs and emails from dashboard are working again:

Dear Mr. F.,

thank you for your patience. I have some good news for you.

After talking to my colleagues from WEB.DE I just suspended the blacklisting. In a couple of minutes you will again receive emails from the email-servers *.lindenlab.com.

Please consider, should the forwarding email-servers contact a high number of non-existing email-addresses on our email-servers, a temporary blacklisting of these particular servers will take place.

In case that despite a temporary blacklisting of the forwarding servers there are no significant improvements of the delivery-rates, that can lead to a permanent blacklisting again.

But I hope that this can be avoided, and that the servers score acceptable delivery rates.

Kind regards

Winfried K.
1&1 Kundenservice

(translated by myself from German)

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.