teleport landmark to my skybox does not work

Elinah Iredell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am trying to help those in my group to be able to teleport to my skybox on land I have deeded to the group, and it doenst work!  I send the landmark and when they click on it instead of being sent to the skybox location they always fall to the ground . I can't figure out why but nothing works. Nobody but myself can access the skybox from the landmark.

I was thinking of eventually opening a small store and maybe have it in a skybox but what is the point if nobody can teleport to it?

Thank you so much it  worked ! However it  still only allows people in the group to tp to the skybox what about if I want to open a skybox store and  have anyone be able to tp there?

This brings me to another question. I  have linden mainland that is basically residential in nature only houses in the area , I was worried if I created a store in that location the neighbors would be unhappy about it . Do you think they would complain ? You are allowed to put a store on any piece of mainland you own right?That is one reason I thought of putting it in a skybox

Elinah Iredell wrote:

Thank you so much it  worked ! However it  still only allows people in the group to tp to the skybox what about if I want to open a skybox store and  have anyone be able to tp there?

This brings me to another question. I  have linden mainland that is basically residential in nature only houses in the area , I was worried if I created a store in that location the neighbors would be unhappy about it . Do you think they would complain ? You are allowed to put a store on any piece of mainland you own right?That is one reason I thought of putting it in a skybox

They might complain to you, but their really is no "zoning" on the Mainland so unless you did something that severely impacted the SIM LL won't do anything about it.

I do however advocate for being a good neighbor.  :)

However it  still only allows people in the group to tp to the skybox what about if I want to open a skybox store and  have anyone be able to tp there?

Open 'about land' - go to the tab: Access - check 'allow public access'.

You might only have checked: 'allow group access'... so you need to allow public access instead.

Good luck with your shop :)

Elinah Iredell wrote:

You are allowed to put a store on any piece of mainland you own right?That is one reason I thought of putting it in a skybox

Right, and there are other reasons to put stores in skyboxes: Notably, unless you really need the ground to properly display products, they'll show much quicker in a skybox. This is particularly true on the Mainland, where ground level is often very texture-heavy (lots of different landowners rezzing objects with wildly diverse texture palettes) and surrounded by other regions also demanding to be rendered. All that goes away in the sky, so items render much sooner.

Thank you all so much for the help . I will definately try to change the settings . and  I did not know that things work better up high that may explain why if there is lag in an area and you cannot teleport out if you fly up higher it helps.

For my store I wanted  to start small have a few things in a store and the rest on the second life Marketplace.

If its a linden home then you cannot open a store on it. In fact you're not even allowed a private skybox on linden home land.

But if its mainland - then you can do both. I recommend putting skyboxes above 1000m, and more than 128m away from anyone else's skybox - just as a polite curtesy to other people's view / privacy. Its not a rule, but it's a good way to be nice.

Also being far from others means, as Qie notes - your stuff rezzes faster as they're viewer is not trying to rez other people's breedable sexchickens or something...

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

If its a linden home then you cannot open a store on it. In fact you're not even allowed a private skybox on linden home land.

But if its mainland - then you can do both. I recommend putting skyboxes above 1000m, and more than 128m away from anyone else's skybox - just as a polite curtesy to other people's view / privacy. Its not a rule, but it's a good way to be nice.

Also being far from others means, as Qie notes - your stuff rezzes faster as they're viewer is not trying to rez other people's breedable sexchickens or something...

I referred specifically to the Main Land. 

But I do keep forgetting that LL removed "abuse of SIM resources" from the AR list.

But like I said, I advocate being a good neighbor.

I have decided to use my mainland and have a skybox. I have a beach theme  in mind for my store and I have beach land it seems a shame to let it go to waste, but it will be done so unobtrusively and blend in to the neighborhood so well that except for maybe a small sign they will  not know there is a store there unless they walk inside. I will have the beach land to welcome people and then most of the things will be sold in a skybox or on the second life marketplace. It will take a long time to get it all set up so it wont be for a while.

I do not have a lnden home, I mean I do have the older ones in my inventory that they used to give away free with no strings attached but when I read the silly restrictive rules on those new linden  houses I opted out. Who would get one when there are so many  other nice houses made by people in sl with no restrictions  many of which you can find at a low price ?

Update. I actually took the time  look at the neighborhing lots nearby today  and to my suprise there is already a store on land that was  recently vacated by someone else ,and I notice someone has put their skybox so low it is barely hovering above the taller houses. It looks strange to say the least. I have nothing to worry about lol.

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.