namssab1nad Piers

Whats good wage?

Been offered a job as an estate manager for 2 (soon to be 3) sims.  Most everything is automated for tenants.  Just have to deal with tenants if something is not working or they have a question.  Sim owner asked me how much did I want to get paid.  I have no idea what an estate manager gets paid in SL.  Anybody got suggestions?

Heart Brimmer
Topics: 20

Re: Whats good wage?

Reply to namssab1nad Piers - view message

When I managed a jazz club, I was making 3000L a week It's a starting point.

Czari Zenovka

I know an estate manager who gets a very large parcel on the estate rent-free with no prim limit except to "keep it reasonable."

Managers for a dance club (where I used to work) were also provided rent-free parcels in the sky on the estate...again with no set prim limit.

"I'm not building a game, I'm building a new country."
~Philip Linden (Second Life: The Official Guide, p. 274)

Heart Brimmer

Reply to Czari Zenovka - view message

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I know an estate manager who gets a very large parcel on the estate rent-free with no prim limit except to "keep it reasonable."

Managers for a dance club (where I used to work) were also provided rent-free parcels in the sky on the estate...again with no set prim limit.

I would LOVE a no set prim limit! lol. What I could do with that *grins*

Melita Magic

If it's a major money maker maybe people pay 3000L per week. I think a far more common salary in SL is something like 25L an hour. Some places only pay in tips.

OP I would say it depends what the place takes in and how much time and energy  you have to devote to the work. If the work is occasional, maybe it would be more fair to the owner if you are paid per task or per hour as needed. But if you are on call of course, you should be paid during those hours, too.

"The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one."
"The best way to simplify life is to set your priorities straight."
- Nishan Panwar
Syo Emerald
Topics: 26

Reply to Melita Magic - view message

Melita Magic wrote:

If it's a major money maker maybe people pay 3000L per week. I think a far more common salary in SL is something like 25L an hour. Some places only pay in tips.

No way. Not for a manager....at least if its really a manager position and not just called that way to sound good. I'm more familiar with the SL clubscene, but if they search for a manager there, than they over payment. Last time I read such an add the payment was around 1500 to 2000L.

Jobs who only work with tips have either not much work to do or it is a position where it is more common that people give tips (like DJ, Host, Dancer and so on). But I could also tell you about a few of these jobs that had also payment (which was much higher than 25L for an hour).

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.
Melita Magic

Reply to Syo Emerald - view message

But the OP isn't talking about a club, but working for someone who owns land. The OP will talk to tenants and explain the rules, deal with problems, etc. The description is a bit vague. That could mean anything from a 40 hour week running multiple sims, to sending a few note cards a week to newcomer tenants, on a few small parcels or one sim.

It isn't a club, it's a rental situation. And most jobs I've seen talked about in the forums, including 'middle management' as this sounds, pay 25L an hour or 30L an hour. But again, the OP's description is too vague to have any idea of the level of responsibility.

"The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one."
"The best way to simplify life is to set your priorities straight."
- Nishan Panwar
Syo Emerald
Topics: 26

Reply to Melita Magic - view message

Just because English is not my native language I can read and understand it pretty well.

I know that the OP is not talking about clubs, but because the question was quite general about managementpositions I added my knowledge about the wages other managers get. Even if its another sector, the tasks may be the equal and if the OP just wants to be a manager or is looking for a certain wage...maybe that information is just right.

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.
Czari Zenovka

Reply to Heart Brimmer - view message

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I would LOVE a no set prim limit! lol. What I could do with that *grins*

You and me both!!!  The person to whom I was referring has an AWESOME place.  It is probably one of THE most detailed homes I've ever seen...I mean to the minute detail.  Great outdoors as well including a sailboat.

"I'm not building a game, I'm building a new country."
~Philip Linden (Second Life: The Official Guide, p. 274)

Heart Brimmer

Reply to Czari Zenovka - view message

I love to decorate and if I had unlimited prims, I would make a showcase of a house and grounds. I would love to do English gardens, with all the details of one...sigh...big dreams for someone who only has 500 prims for right now LOL. BUT...ONE day, I WILL have it! BWHAHAHAHA!!!!