Survey Threads

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tex Monday wrote:

wow....two posts from two people with the same "That's not a valid comparison" quote...has to be a record!!:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

And you may be correct...but, if you're going through the threads and have an aversion to surveys and one shows up, it may be interupting and annoying.

Be that as it may, I can't and won't argue with your comparison. I feel it is the same..and I still wish to take a virtual bullhorn to some of the students posting surveys here.

And did you notice how I successfully took the flames of abuse away from Phil and planted them firmly on myself??

(You're welcome, by the way....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:)

Arguing will do you no good, Tex.  You simply can't argue with those who would purposefully endeavor to tell you how you should feel, rather than accept your feelings of annoyance as being in any way valid, any more than you can convince someone, who starts a thread in order to do the very thing which they're so critical of others doing, that they're a complete hypocrite.

I say ignore this nightmare thread and let it die.

...Dres

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex Monday wrote:

wow....two posts from two people with the same "That's not a valid comparison" quote...has to be a record!!:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

That's because I'm really Maddy's alt (but don't tell Snugs, who will get jealous!).

Generally we are more organized when we tag-team mug people, but we got our wires crossed this time, obviously! ;-)

Tex Monday wrote:

And you may be correct...but, if you're going through the threads and have an aversion to surveys and one shows up, it may be interupting and annoying.

Be that as it may, I can't and won't argue with your comparison. I feel it is the same..and
I still wish to take a virtual bullhorn to some of the students posting surveys here.

But the nice thing, Tex, is that you generally don't.

And I guess that's what I am really arguing here: not (contrary to what Dres suggests) that you shouldn't be annoyed, but that you shouldn't necessarily act upon that annoyance by taking it out on a student. 

Tex Monday wrote:

And did you notice how I successfully took the flames of abuse away from Phil and planted them firmly on myself??

Of course we noticed. You are the very soul of self-sacrifice, coming to the aid of a bro (even if he is a Brit).

I told you that some of the most generous people I knew were Americans. :-)

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

Be that as it may, I can't and won't argue with your comparison. I feel it is the same..and I still wish to take a virtual bullhorn to some of the students posting surveys here.

Arguing will do you no good, Tex.  You simply can't argue with those who would purposefully endeavor to tell you how you should feel, rather than accept your feelings of annoyance as being in any way valid, any more than you can convince someone, who starts a thread in order to do the very thing which they're so critical of others doing, that they're a complete hypocrite.

...Dres

I have been trying to compose the perfect response to this, one so logically constructed and well-expressed that it would be utterly unanswerable. And then I realized that you have already provided me with the winning formula!

I find dismissive interjections that purport to "expose" the real burden of my argument in what has actually been (thus far) a rather good-humoured and interesting discussion deeply annoying.

There we are. Seems "valid" to me.

;-)

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

...Dres

I have been trying to compose the perfect response to this, one so logically constructed and well-expressed that it would be utterly unanswerable. And then I realized that 
you
have already provided me with the winning formula!

I find dismissive interjections that purport to "expose" the
real
burden of my argument in what has actually been (thus far) a rather good-humoured and interesting discussion deeply
annoying

;-)

I appreciate the fact that you've chosen to act upon that which you find annoying... regardless of what you might think of people who sometimes choose to do the same.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

...Dres

I have been trying to compose the perfect response to this, one so logically constructed and well-expressed that it would be utterly unanswerable. And then I realized that 
you
have already provided me with the winning formula!

I find dismissive interjections that purport to "expose" the
real
burden of my argument in what has actually been (thus far) a rather good-humoured and interesting discussion deeply
annoying

;-)

I appreciate the fact that you've chosen to act upon that which you find annoying... regardless of what you might think of people who sometimes choose to do the same.

...Dres

Nah.

The clever thing to do would have been to ignore it. But I'm not always clever. 

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

That's at least the second time in this thread that you've claimed that my starting of it is the same as the negative posts in survey threads. You're quite wrong, of course. That goes without saying, but I thought I'd say it anyway because you don't realise it or you wouldn't have said it.

It's like this, you see. Jumping down the throat of someone is nothing like asking the person who did the jumping why s/he did it. You see? They are not the same. The jumping is an attack, and asking why is.... well..... asking why. There you are - all sorted out now. I hope that helps :)

What a good idea you have there. What are the chances of taking your own advice, eh? ;)

Phil Deakins wrote:

What are the chances of taking your own advice, eh?
;)

I would have to say they're very slim, considering the fact that the only advice I've given in this thread was to Tex, simply because I don't feel as if he has any obligation to justify his behavior to you or anyone else.  And since I haven't tried justifying my behavior to anyone, my taking of that advice would be entirely unnecessary.

As far as the rest of your reply, I've already told you that further discussion between us about such matters would be fruitless, therefore, I see no point in even acknowledging it.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

What are the chances of taking your own advice, eh?
;)

I would have to say they're very slim, considering the fact that the only advice I've given in this thread was to Tex, simply because I don't feel as if he has any obligation to justify his behavior to you or anyone else.  And since I haven't tried justifying my behavior to anyone, my taking of that advice would be entirely unnecessary.

As far as the rest of your reply, I've already told you that further discussion between us about such matters would be fruitless, therefore, I see no point in even acknowledging it.

...Dres

No point in acknowledging it, eh? If the part I highlighted in blue isn't acknowledging it, what is? :D

I don't mind not discussing anything with you. Naturally I prefer discussions with people who actually make some sort of sense, but that's just me. However, if you talk about me, expect a response from me, whether you wanted one or not. I do like helping people to understand things ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.