Confused about mesh bodies

EllieAnne Silverfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These are NSFW.

Hopefully they won't remove the links. If they do... its on my flickr page, and you can find that from my blog, which you can find from my profile or my sig below...

Anyway...

Most of the popular mesh bodies, a chart showing the breasts from front and side at sizes 30, 50, 75, and 100 for both size and bouyancy:

Size 30: https://www.flickr.com/photos/40847626@N06/26629728895/in/dateposted/

Size 50: https://www.flickr.com/photos/40847626@N06/26564766731/in/photostream/

Size 75: https://www.flickr.com/photos/40847626@N06/26565451791/in/photostream/

Size 100: https://www.flickr.com/photos/40847626@N06/26027927753/in/dateposted/

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Realistic?  Oh, come on, you don't want that.
;)

I mean, I have seen my fair share (and then some) of men's bodies and thak god they do not look like that in SL :smileyvery-happy:

Well, there's realitic and then there is ski slope boobies.. Or floatation device ones.. I try to keep close to a realstic shape as possible when i am Human in SL. usually between 6'3" and 6'6".. not hugely muscled.. I get called short a lot.. 

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Speaking as a man that has seen his share of boobs, its sad that the TMP looks the most realistic as they have the worst support and cost for their meshs..

That's actually why I started my experience in mesh bodies as a strong fan of TMP. Until the support issues hit me - Couldn't use any skin I wanted to use, not even if I made my own skin, and no clothing, not even applier clothes.

But if I were to do sitting down poses from th side view - you would see the other reason I jumped off of the TMP ship - the butt breaks and legs flatten even worse than the default avatar...

I didn't notice that for a few months because while I usually cam all around my avatar, by chance I never bothered to look at myself from a side view for a few months after first trying TMP. The day I did, I couldn't stop seeing the flaw after that, and quickly ended up abandoning it.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Mesh bodies will not respond to most system sliders however there are a few bodies out there that offer different styles. Check out Belleza for three versions.  Maitreya's Lara body is the most popular (I use that one) and Slink has another popular version.

Actually mesh bodies will respond to almost every body slider.

*I stand corrected.

mesh HEADS however will not.

*I didn't mention heads but, yeah, got it

Belleza noted above comes with all three versions in one package - you get three times the bodies other brands offer, but for twice the price of the most popular body (Maitreya). One other brand will seem cheaper, but is missing vital parts that must be bought as addons (hands and feet for example).

As long as you avoid mesh heads you won't look like a clone.

*I, too, was put off by clone-ness but I've tried several heads and found one that suits me for now.  With all the makeup and skin choices to say nothing of accessories like ears, piercings and tatts one can look unique 'enough'

I do highly recommend Belleza, but not if you want to buy upwards of 20,000L in clothes every week...
:)

- If you are a shopping junkie get Maitreya as it has the most support. But Belleza has enough support that if you just want to have 'your look' down it will be good. Unless you want to wear a lot of BDSM or body jewelry... the makers of that kind of stuff presently almost only support Maitreya (
despite Maitreya having the curves of a boy or fashion model
, while Belleza has the curves of an actual woman).

*has to laugh after your comment on using sliders for mesh bodies.  I mean, you can change em so...

Venus Petrov wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I do highly recommend Belleza, but not if you want to buy upwards of 20,000L in clothes every week...
:)

- If you are a shopping junkie get Maitreya as it has the most support. But Belleza has enough support that if you just want to have 'your look' down it will be good. Unless you want to wear a lot of BDSM or body jewelry... the makers of that kind of stuff presently almost only support Maitreya (
despite Maitreya having the curves of a boy or fashion model
, while Belleza has the curves of an actual woman).

*has to laugh after your comment on using sliders for mesh bodies.  I mean, you can change em so...

Every body has its limits beyond which it cannot dial, period. And every body also has its limits beyond which dialing starts to deform portions of the mesh.

As such, both the actual and viable range of Maitreya is basically something I find lacking in curve.

Belleza benefits heavily here by having 3 bodies in one purchase. While Venus is only around as a legacy product, and it essentially just a 'prelude' to Isis... having both Isis and Freya means it can handle the slim look that Isis and Maitreya both capture, as well as the curvy look that Freya and Lena Lush capture (Lena Lush having other issues like the lack of enough alpha options and a heavy render cost).

And while the 'actual' dial range of Isis is similar to Maitreya, the viable range is much greater (as can be seen in my breast comparision charts - this issue extends through other parts of the body as well - in fact the viable range of Freya is so great it can even be dialed down a nearly slim look).

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Speaking as a man that has seen his share of boobs, its sad that the TMP looks the most realistic as they have the worst support and cost for their meshs..

That's actually why I started my experience in mesh bodies as a strong fan of TMP. Until the support issues hit me - Couldn't use any skin I wanted to use, not even if I made my own skin, and no clothing, not even applier clothes.

But if I were to do sitting down poses from th side view - you would see the other reason I jumped off of the TMP ship - the butt breaks and legs flatten even worse than the default avatar...

I didn't notice that for a few months because while I usually cam all around my avatar, by chance I never bothered to look at myself from a side view for a few months after first trying TMP. The day I did, I couldn't stop seeing the flaw after that, and quickly ended up abandoning it.

There is a reason many merchants, like myself,  wont make clothing for TMP. To use their applier you have to upload the UUID directly to their server which is not part of SL. Which gives them the texture. If they wanted to they could upload them all in another VR and sell them. Also, should they decide to leave SL for what ever reason, all of their huds would stop working. No more clothing changes, skin changes, alphas, nothing would work if they shut down their servers.

IMHO, TMP is not worth it, and i have the deluxe male body... I think i have worn it 4 times.. still have money in their shopping hud as well. Good luck getting that back..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.