Voice not working tried everything

Wallace Wirefly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok for some reason  I no longer have voice chat. I am using latest Firestorm. Was working before. I did a complete "clean install". I also loaded SL viewer and copied all the voice files that pertain to voice into Firestorm and still nothing. I tried everything that is listed in all the Wiki sources. I eve disabled my firewall and anything that maybe blocking. I checked the Task Manager and yes SLvoice is there in Process. I am at wits end... Does anyone have an idea that might work???

Thanks for replies. Here is what I have done so far. I completely removed all SL viewers from 'puter removed all reference in Registry of any SL item.(SL, Phoenix, Firestorm) I then installed latest Firestorm release. When I log on voice still not working but when I UNCHECK Enable Voice I can see my microphone working fine. Can adjust and see boxes showing Mic level. As soon as I check ENABLE VOICE nothing. The "dot" does not appear above my head nor does the Microphone button light up... I guess I will just have to forgo using voice ever again in SL. I did find interesting viewer has nothing to do with voice that Vioxx is link...Think maybe I have been banned from Vioxx servers?? Thanks again for answers..

6 answers to this question

I have never bothered to turn Voice on, so I can't tell you much from personal experience. Firestorm's diagnostic checklist at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice is probably your best hope.  The Voice system doesn't run through your viewer, so it shouldn't make any difference whether you are using Firestorm or V3 or any of the others, and re-installing your viewer shouldn't make a difference either. 

This might be a long shot, but have you used any other programm sucessfully with your microphone such as skype, teamspeak or even a simple voice recording on your computer?

Sometimes things happen, drivers for microphones get deleted or the USB port itself. Are you sure its plugged in correctly perhaps someone stumbled over the cable and pulled it out or ruined it? Sorry for asking this, but some of the time the most glaring reason is the right one, we just don't think of checking it because we're so sure that it can't be the reason.

I had a similiar problem with voice suddenly not working any longer. My issue turned out to be a problem with my home network. I had to reset my router back to factory settings and I replaced a network cable that wasn't making a secure connection. Despite this being what fixed it, it wasn't affecting any other programs.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.