Sign in to follow this  
Wallace Wirefly

Voice not working tried everything

Question

I have never bothered to turn Voice on, so I can't tell you much from personal experience. Firestorm's diagnostic checklist at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice is probably your best hope.  The Voice system doesn't run through your viewer, so it shouldn't make any difference whether you are using Firestorm or V3 or any of the others, and re-installing your viewer shouldn't make a difference either. 

6 answers to this question

I have never bothered to turn Voice on, so I can't tell you much from personal experience. Firestorm's diagnostic checklist at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice is probably your best hope.  The Voice system doesn't run through your viewer, so it shouldn't make any difference whether you are using Firestorm or V3 or any of the others, and re-installing your viewer shouldn't make a difference either. 

This might be a long shot, but have you used any other programm sucessfully with your microphone such as skype, teamspeak or even a simple voice recording on your computer?

Sometimes things happen, drivers for microphones get deleted or the USB port itself. Are you sure its plugged in correctly perhaps someone stumbled over the cable and pulled it out or ruined it? Sorry for asking this, but some of the time the most glaring reason is the right one, we just don't think of checking it because we're so sure that it can't be the reason.

I had a similiar problem with voice suddenly not working any longer. My issue turned out to be a problem with my home network. I had to reset my router back to factory settings and I replaced a network cable that wasn't making a secure connection. Despite this being what fixed it, it wasn't affecting any other programs.

• Like 1